Array
    Status
    Kuna, ID
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G63

No power

My headlights are coming on along with my dash lights but nothing else is getting power. So I can't crank the truck over. I've checked the wires and all checks out. So I'm not sure what the issue is.

Array
    Status
    Kuna, ID
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G63
    Thanks for any help in advance

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Hi LittleRam, I'd first run a basic diagnostic of where power is and isn't going. Get you hands on a cheap pocket multimeter and go through the fuse block so you can determine what end of the wiring loom is glitching on you. Earth out the negative probe to the body of the truck and then make contact to every fuse terminal end in the fuse block (where power comes into the block and then back out to the rest of the electrical system) and see what voltages are present. It's just a matter of touching the visible contacts on the fuses when you remove the fuse block cover. Some of them will require ignition on to power up the circuit. If you're getting power into the fuse block but not out, you have some fried fuses. If there's no power making into the block there is a fault between the charging system and the fuse block. It will either be relays/main fuse links or wiring damage. This should be an easy fix. Let us know what you find

Array
    Status
    Kuna, ID
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G63
    Thanks! The fuse block you are referring to, would that be the one in the cab or the engine bay?

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    I'd start with the cab first. If you have issues with no power in the cab fuse block, then follow the same procedure with the engine bay fuse array. Good hunting!

Array
    Status
    Kuna, ID
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G63
    Turned out to be the ignition switch. Thanks!