Array
    Status
    pa
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B

Question headlight problems

My 88 mm headlight control switch is stuck on high beam because the switch is broken. If i disable the highbeam wire on the headlight will it kill the low beam aswell? I don't really care to use the high beam but the control switch is stuck on high beam only .I can turn them on and off but only highbeams. also which one of the three wires on the headlights control highbeams to disable it? thanks.

Array
    Status
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Maybe I'm talking out of my ass here, but maybe the correct fix would be..... I don't know..... replacing the switch....?

Problem solved.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    ^what he said. It will save you grief in the long run if you sort it out properly now. Ghetto fixes usually have "Shakespeare" endings (everything ends in tragedy...))

Array
    Status
    pa
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Merrill View Post
    Maybe I'm talking out of my ass here, but maybe the correct fix would be..... I don't know..... replacing the switch....?

Problem solved.
    I just replace it with another control switch and that one broke .I would just buy another one but new there like 300$ ......

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    That is a hard one to swallow. If you look at the manual it will tell you what wire. There are 3 on the back. i think the bottom is ground. Just disconnect one light and use 2 wires to connect one plug to ground and one to the battery. You can play with it then. There is only a total of 3 combos it could be. But I want to say bottom pin ground. left low right high.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    I'd be heading to either a pull-a-part or similar wrecking yard and have a look at whats available. Or you could put the word out on the forum that you're in need of a replacement light switching assembly (I'm sure there's someone here who will make a deal with you) Another option is using a dash mounted control switch from another source and rigging it up - sometimes desperate times call for desperate actions.

Array
    Status
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    I think I have the same problem, Idk if they're on high or low but they only come on on one setting and won't flash and no blue highbeam light (if they even have those lol maybe it's burnt out I've never seen one) but ordering new headlights cuz one exploded, and will check wires as I change those so if they look good I'll start looking for a new switch