Array
    Status
    hartford ct
    Vehicle

1987 Mitsubishi Shogun
    Engine

4D55-T

rebuilt turbo= no boost

turbo is a tc05-10a non-wastegate sent it out for a rebuild, there was lots of play in the spinny thingy, and it was leaking oil into the exhuast. before the rebuild i was making 7lbs ish.
    The turbo shop had to replace the center housing as well as the seals. I installed it, it spins, but no boost at all, the gauge doesn't move.
    The gauge is ok, i checked it with 10lbs of compressed air, there doesn't appear to be any exhuast leaks.
    The only thing done while the turbo was out was to fix an exhaust leak about a foot after the turbo. Could this be causing back pressure and not letting the turbo spool? could the turbo place have used wrong parts? Am i an idiot?

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Nothing like leaving yourself open for torment on that last comment you gave. Did you stick it in backwards? lol I had to ask....sorry
    Have you tried asking your shop what could be wrong. If they rebuild turbos, they better have an idea what problems could occur.

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Sounds like somthing is not correct. Compressor clearance, turbine, somthing is off. Take it to the shop and say hay wtf??
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    hartford ct
    Vehicle

1987 Mitsubishi Shogun
    Engine

4D55-T
    It seems the intake blow off valve is being silly. duct tape it up, make boost. I can't seem to find one except used on ebay.
    I am going to delete it i think.
    All it does (on gas engines) is prevent the compressed air from from bouncing off the throttle plate when you let off the gas, and running back to the compressor wheel stalling it. Diesels have no throttle plate to bounce off of. No way for the air charge to bounce back.
    I assume it was used to limit the boost to 12 psi. Later intakes don't have one, but they are fitted with a wastegated turbo that limits boost.