Array
    Status
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B

ebay headlights?

So im thinking about buying these headlights, but I've never actually seen them on any truck... should I be worried or are they gonna be crap? I like them cuz you can hook up the red LED to a blinker and do fog lights where the blinkers are
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Those are definitely for the looks for sure. There are several other types of headlights that would do a much better job for you during night time driving. Not only that, these lights could get you into possibly a little problem from the law depending on if your law enforcement want to go by the book.
    Having red lights in the front of your vehicle can be seen as imitating an emergency vehicle. Although they may say they are legal in 50 states or what, you will probably find that one over zealous cop that will have a stiffy for you. A fixit ticket isn't the end of the world, but where will you be when one civil rights ignoring cop decides the lights just looked illegal.
    By law, your not allowed to have any type of red light used in the front of your vehicle... they are required to be amber. People are starting to change even their blinker light amber covers to a clear lenses cover, but this is again, is illegal if they do not sport the amber bulb for a turn signal. Check your local vehicle code laws for installation before you make a purchase. It might be better to get the clear leds or the amber leds to keep you out of the crosshairs of a hungry law enforcer.
    Personally I like the projector type bulbs for an update. Then again like I said there are several varieties and they seem to be getting less attention from the law as more and more vehicles are using different types. If you do change them, try to be courteous enough to adjust them correctly so they do not irritate oncoming drivers.

Array
    Status
    blackwood, nj
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Most of the headlights on eBay are crap. I got a pair of hids on there and they work good but they are cheaply made. Like brad said I would stay away from any emergency vehicle colors. I had blue blinkers in my dakota and got my balls busted a few times then decided to switch to ambers. No more problems...

Array
    Status
    pa
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    most aftermarket headlights are plastic and fade or leak over time. also led does not put out very good light output.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    ...and some of them just don't fit into the headlight mounts properly. Do some research by checking out the spiel from different suppliers on ebay (I know they're trying to get your buck but without actually having anyone who has used them to offer feedback, it'll be the best you'll have to work with)