Array
    Status
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

What kind of shocks

I'm going to finally break down and get shocks for my 90, she's beyond due for em (honestly I'm willing to bet it still has the originals. Ill see when I change them) but my question is what kind of shocks should I get. I'm looking for more along the lines of performance shocks. To be honest i don't care for a "smooth" ride. I like to feel the bumps in the road. Any input is appeeciated. I was considering the belltech ones but if I recall correctly someone on the board said their kyb shocks were better (I don't recall who or why). Plus the belltechs are a bit spendy (but if they are worth it ill get them)

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Used these on my truck, though it's a first gen. Front have been on truck now since 87 and after removing one to check if I needed new ones, I didn't.
    I replaced the rear stocks with KYB's. There are probably many other available shocks and preferences, I just like the KYB for long lasting and they are also world class with a great guarantee. They help with the truck being lowered and not hitting the stoppers.

KYB
    KG5434 REAR GAS ADJUST SHOCKS
    20.39 EXTENDED / 12.91 COMPRESSED / 7.68 STROKE / E1 - UPPER & LOWER MOUNTS

KYB
    KG5433 FRONT GAS ADJUST SHOCKS
    13.78 EXTENDED / 9.06 COMPRESSED / 4.72 STROKE / S1 - UPPER & E3 (56.6X77X0) MOUNT KIT#C0272

Array
    Status
    sheffield, vt
    Vehicle

1978 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G63B
    my 2 cents: i love the kyb also!...performance, reliability, price...way to go. have had them on the 1978 2wd convertible since 1984. no luck with edelbrock, tokico, or rancho (monroe/tenneco). bilstein is great but pricey. gabriel is good for the $ & has been my most recent purchase for the 1983 4wd (purchased thru amazon & rockauto) the shocks replaced originals which had zero resistance in either direction...never seen ones that dead.

Array
    Status
    Pukwana, SD
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

6G72
    I added a extra leaf to my rear set and had to measure the travel distance to get shocks to fit, the first set I bought came up short after adding a extra spring.

Array
    Status
    Atlanta GA
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    When you pull your original shocks off, you will likely see that they are KYBs!! I swapped mine out last week, and all 4 original shocks were pulled off. Every one of them was marked "Mitsubishi" in large font, and then "KYB" along with a part number inscribed below.

I went with some Monroe Gas-Matic LT shocks. I would have preferred KYBs, but they had the Monroes in stock, so i went with those. Some of the bounciness is gone, and it is for sure more solid feeling, but in the end, it still rides like a truck!!