Thread: Hard Locking Tonneau Cover

Array
    Status
    Alabama
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Dodge V8
    Thanks BradMph,I put a whole bottle of Armorall on before,I have put vegtable cooking oil on it. When I got the truck the cover was unsnapped about halfway up and it had been sitting that way for 2 or 3 years.I was lucky I got it snapped to the tailgate. I will look into getting one made.I guess no one makes this kind anymore.

Array
    Status
    Rockledge, PA
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    How much too short is your cover? I got a cheap one for my second gen and it has springs at the end where the tailgate is. The rails on the sides are prob 1/2 to 3/4 to short and the springs keep the tension on the cover. I can snap mine in the dead of winter! Just push on the back rail and it gives u some slack. U might be able to do something like that to yours

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    These covers are more of a specialty nowadays. Since factory outlets are producing fiberglass ones and since Velcro has entered the market, snaps are obsolete and time consuming to do. Though personally I will always like snaps better then any other design on the first gens.

Bob, got a pic of how your is made?
    Last edited by BradMph; 07-04-2013 at 12:04 AM.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    when I had a 2nd gen spacecab Ram 50, I had a 93 up shortbed ranger tonneau a neighbor gave me - cut the frame down 1/4 to 1/2 inch and it fit fine for a while until the stiching went on the peel off cover and it peeled off on I-70 one day at 70 mph - that was the end of using it - I did retrieve it, semi tire tracks and all.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12