Array
    Status
    U.S.A.
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B

Shifter bushing

O.K....a little good news....it is amazing to me how so many common plumbing parts will subsitute for an automomobile part....today I pulled out my shifter on my '86 Ram 50 5sp. G63B...most of you know the little nylon bushing at the end of the shift mechanism can wear or break...well mine was cracked, when I tried to pull it out it broke....CRAP!!...3 different auto parts stores and no one carries it, got to go to the dealer, it is Sunday and I don't want to wait till Monday....so I start looking around and find in my plumbing parts a 1/2 inch copper cap...and the O.D. is a PERFECT fit into the trans and about a 1/64th too big for the the ball at the end of the shifter...3 wraps of electrical tape on the shifter ball and the cap fit perfectly...greased it up, dropped it in and I'm back on the road....now let me say I am always one for using the correct part and this may well be just a temporary repair...but when you gota keep movin you do what you gotta do.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    You do what ya gotta do. Here in Australia we have 2 different transmission options of either the Japanese built or the Borg Warner. When the BW shifter gets tired it will pull straight up out of the top of the extension housing - lotsa fun. Guys do all sorts of nasty things to get themselves home when that happens to them...

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    Good to know if I can never find another bushing and the dealer doesnt have it either. Never tried them but doubt they do

Array
    Status
    Pukwana, SD
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

6G72
    They are still available from several places, Rockauto and factory parts carries them.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    I had Geronimo's shifter come out of his tranny when I was stuck in traffic in the left lane of an interstate - on a hill no less. A-holes behind me were driving up the median while me and my gf was trying to get him off the road. Finally, a man in a suit parked his car to block traffic and helped push him off the road. The bolts worked out of the housing - only had a leatherman with me, but fix him and went to the cruise I was going to when the shifter came out - I was 2 miles away at that point.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980