There has been a ton of chatter on many threads, as well as a few inquiry PM's to me directly regarding production of Big Brake kits for the 2nd Gen.

There are a few members here (including myself) that have custom built our own big brake systems. Mine consists of custom machined VR-4 rotors, 4 pot VR-4 calipers, custom brackets and lines, all on a 5 lug front hub (see "Merrill's 4G64 DOHC for more info). Other members have built their own variants, some have just slapped on larger calipers to small factory rotors.

During R&D stages of my build, my team and I were designing a 6 lug bolt-on big brake hub that allows use of Montero Sport 276mm or 314mm brakes. The hub would allow the Montero Sport rotors and calipers to be bolted on directly to the MM exactly the same as they do to both vehicles (like factory).

We did scratch the production/prototype/research in favor of the system we built currently on my truck. However, this does not make it out of reach of being produced still.

I own a very busy shop. We custom build many parts for higher end builds. While it does occupy a lot of time, it may be possible to pick up this concept again.

What we need is enough people interested in purchasing a big brake system in order to pick it back up and continue development. We need at least 7 confirmed buyers to sell it (when the time comes).

At this point, all I am trying to find out is who is interested enough (no obligation)? A rough guess to price @ 7 buyers would be $400 - $500 USD for a pair of 6061 Bullet Aluminum hubs that adapt Montero Sport brakes to the Mighty Max. All hubs are 100% USA made, and will make a 100% bolt-on big brake upgrade.

Questions or comments, please post up.