Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: New to mightyram50, not to Mitsubishi...

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Thanks Bjamin . I really am impressed with how that legit the cheap PU leather grain adhesive stuff looks. I took the passenger door card off and pulled the adhesive up in that one spot where it was looking janky. Came up easy enough and allowed me to take out the air bubble along the edge. Hopefully Bjamin you'll find a nicer dash pad to swap in. It's not impossible to fix a busted up pad but it is a lot of work. I haven't looked on ebay to see if there are bigger cuts of that adhesive PU leather but a sheet about double the width would be enough to cover a whole Gen 1 dash. They send it folded up so you will end up with fold lines in it but it's acceptable.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Nevada
    Vehicle

1984 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4D55-T
    I think a little heat might help smooth the creases (speaking hypothetically not from experience).
    I tell you what though, big enough piece or not, it is excellent inspiration and this is why my project list has no end

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    I think the PU leather will not like heat being put into it - badly. You probably could get away with a little heat to shape it but I'd expect the grained finish to go weird or it possibly turn matt or even glossy which would look horrid. I'd experiment with an offcut just to be sure. The fold lines aren't that obvious and it depends on how light hits it. But considering how cheap you can get it it's worth trying it out. Using it to cover the untrimmed metal sections of the inside of a Gen 1 cab would really make it feel a lot different.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345