Thread: Urgent...1993 Mighty Max 4G64 Distributor line up, how????

Hybrid View

Array
    Status
    Atlanta,GA
    Vehicle

1993 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

Urgent...1993 Mighty Max 4G64 Distributor line up, how????

Hello guys...
    I have a nice mighty max which had ran perfectly for me for 2 years. It was leaking oil since day 1 and finally today I decided to work on it... I took the rocker arm assembly off...and the camshaft off (I regret so much about this!!!!!) and put everything back///then I realized I may had just messed up the distributor alignment... I am a terrible mechanic.... Now I need this truck to run...please help me,.,.,.,.,..this's my only transportation......

Right now its sittng there with no valve cover or timing belt....I think I can figure about the timng belt alignment from the shop manual.. but how to align the distributor???

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    Hi Yuta, and welcome to the forum.

I have a 1990 4G64 so I might be of some assistance. I have a thread about the work I did on my own 4G64 that you can cruise through for answers and photos, if no one else helps. http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...G64-5-spd-D-50

You'll want to set the timing belt before you re-install the distributor. Set everything to #1 piston at top dead center, ready to fire. This means the cam will be in a position for both valves to be closed, the timing marks as illustrated in my thread (note the mark on the cylinder head, NOT the top of the cylinder head). Once the belts are secure, the distributor should be pointing down, just past the distributor clip, #1 position on the cap. As I said, i provided plenty of photos for all this, you just might need to take some time going through the thread.

I sure hope this helps you.

~Roy

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    You can also download a shop manual on the site. Check our Manual thread to locate the one that your vehicle uses. Don't be afraid, all it can do is not run.

Array
    Status
    Atlanta,GA
    Vehicle

1993 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Thank you guys! Finally got a chance to put everything together. And it ran great!!

Array
    Status
    Fresno
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    If you are still there, how did you end up aligning the distributor?