Array
    Status
    United States
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V8

new to the forum. looking for insight

Im new to the forum and im looking for some insight on my current project. I got an 87 ram 50 for dirt cheap from a customer at our shop. The engine is junk so im ripping it out! I have a 1970 318/904 waiting to go in it. Ive been doing a lot of reading but im finding too many different ways to do it. Whats worked the best? I have a 4bbl carb and intake and an HEI distributer for it. Only wiring i should need to work on is for the voltage regulator. I think my main concern is the exhaust and the oil pan.

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    I like the way this guy did his

Array
    Status
    United States
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V8
    anyone want to chime in about exhaust manifolds or oil pan? and maybe steering

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    You will find that everyone has done the V8 thing differently, so to say. Ford , Chevy, Mopar will have different ways to install. Get your mounts installed and see if you need to enlarge the area in the truck for the bellhousing and room in front for radiator, etc. I have not heard too much about changing steering and oil pan might make the cross member be moved. As for manifolds, there is a lot of room under the hood of these trucks. Shouldn't be much a problem just don't drag them. There will be fabricating and it will probably have to be decided as you go. Haven't seen a direct bolt in yet.
    There should be someone that can help you out a little soon. The one I know of has a ford engine, so I'm not sure if it will help when your doing a 318. Keep banging.