Array
    Status
    Alabama
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G52

random idle issues

1989 MM with a 2.0l carb'd engine. 130k 1 owner miles. truck starts right up,runs great has plenty of power...except about once every 3 weeks I will get high idle when I start and drive. after about 2 days,it goes back to normal.
    it will pull itself about 40mph on the hiway with no gas applied when it decides it is haunted.
    any ideas to look for will be appreciated.thanks

Array
    Status
    Pukwana, SD
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

6G72
    Check and see if the throttle is not sticking maybe add a better return spring to it! Seen that happen a lot on the stock and my Weber both.

Array
    Status
    sheffield, vt
    Vehicle

1978 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G63B
    check for worn linkage, smooth throttle operation, worn/loose vacuum hose connections (issues change/occur @ various times as engine warms), check choke for fully open & fully closed positions (may stick causing other linkage to not operate), sub egr also will cause linkage movement issue (& is very easy to clean...just don't drop any of those tiny pieces). i use gumout spray "carb + choke cleaner" (& would not hesitate on using most of the can) as it will clean & not leave oil residue that may accumulate dirt & cause it to be cleaned again (i have a long gravel driveway). i you feel the need for lubricant i recommend a "dry graphite lube spray" instead of petroleum base. absolutely try the inexpensive fixes first then throw your wallet at it. best of luck!