Array
    Status
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B

Budget Question???

I am trying to lay out my spending budget for my 4G63-T swap into my 89 MM. I will not be doing this swap for at least another 6 months, so I am in no way trying to sell this item now. Just trying to figure out my budget.
    When I do the swap I plan on selling my entire 2.0 narrow block and trans. I am planning to include everything, long block, trans, (assembled) carb, and all other assorted bits. Between now and then I'm sure I will donate to this forum and sell it here.
    My question is, what is a fair, reasonable price to ask for this? It runs perfect and has approx. 120k on it. I really have no idea where to start. Your input is appreciated! Thanks.

Array
    Status
    Oakland, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    As a complete unit, not very much because SOHC 2.0s aren't really in demand.

Individual components, however...

Take a look at eBay prices for the components and complete engines/trans to give you an idea and compare the prices to new on RockAuto.

Array
    Status
    WA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    Should be looking anywhere from 1k to 2k including bits and pieces to make her run. Depending on what shape the parts you aquire such and head and block. More performance orientated is a no brainer, numbers will be higher.