Recently bought a 1984 Mighty Max diesel. Engine was not running when I bought the truck. Previous owner messed with the injection pump then attempted to 'fix it' with a 12 mm Chinese head. Since we have a number of VW parts pumps on the shelf the pump was rebuilt a 9 mm head which will flow more than the engine will ever need.

When I purchased the truck the previous owner went over some recent engine repairs... one of them being rod bearing replaced and crankshaft re-sized. He went on to say that the bearing caps were not installed correctly from the previous owner. However, dirty oil in the sump, old oil filter, and does not appear that the engine has been R&R.

I had one of the guys install the rebuilt injection pump. We made some timing adjustments and the engine sounded good ..... then CRASHED!.

We pulled the valve cover... rocker shaft seized, two broken rocker arms and a damaged timing belt. The rocker shaft caps had been misplaced which means no oil was being fed to the rocker shaft. Anyway, the head has now been machined and line bored, camshaft reground, and the rockers resurfaced.

So... where do you guys find engine parts? Non of our suppliers carry parts for the Mitsubishi diesel.

I need two rocker arms... intake and exhaust. Head gasket and timing belt.

Thanks
Bob