Array
    Status
    North Greensboro, Nc
    Vehicle

1987 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B

87 MM Build thread. Simple but effective

1987 MM Base 2.0 5 speed was purchased in 93 for my brother. In 1995 however my brother passed away and I began to drive the truck for a few years. Being young and not very mechanically informed it started having carb problems and at that point i had another primary car, so began the 12 year sit. So after getting married and settled down I finally was able to relocate the truck to my house and into the garage to begin the restore project. Wheres Overhaulin' at? Not here, "not a cool enough project for us to consider at this time." A few years ago before I started working on it, an old Gf submitted the inquiry and that was the response. But its ok cause I love the idea when it's done that it was my hand and my hand alone that has finished it no matter the cool factor for others.
    So anyways...I will be progressing this build to an errdayer driver until such time that kids will be old enough to rebuild it as something wicked (the original idea).
    Now for the pics! I need some updating so i snag some more pics tonight.
    Just ordered pretty much a complete new front end suspension and steering. Weber 32/36 has been on for a bit, still waiting to find headers that fit as pacesetters DO NOT! went through ordering 2 different headers this past summer neither one was even close.
    Engine all rebuilt, all new gaskets, belts, oil pickup, new alt, waterpump etc etc. Fired right up first try after rebuild! played with timing and she runs like a champ. I have some Audi a4 buckets i got for free i will be installing this weekend if i have time to weld up some new brackets.
    IMAG0217.jpgIMAG0128.jpgIMAG0127.jpgIMAG0014.jpgIMAG0013.jpg20120124182718.jpg20120110125038.jpg

Array
    Status
    North Greensboro, Nc
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B

Array
    Status
    North Greensboro, Nc
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Update! So after I did some work i just wasnt happy with the turn out. So I pulled motor and started playing.
    Before

Some After but still not up to date. Just made a big order of parts, just gotta find time to install and finish wiring up everything.

Array
    Status
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle

1981 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Ford V8
    Yep nothing worse then having a nice shinny engine going in a dirty old engine compartment...... I usually power wash the compartment and sometimes touch up the paint or paint it black depending on the vehicle.

Array
    Status
    North Greensboro, Nc
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Also really needing to see somebodys similar set up with that carb. I think i have blocked off too many vac lines. Searching but havent found the pics i need. And FYI I just found a deal on a 5.3 with 706 heads for $200 bucks!! just though i would share

Array
    Status
    North Greensboro, Nc
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Agreed. Im waiting on electric fuel Reg but noticed the oil pan is dumping oil from gasket. Guess i over tightened and warped it a little bit? Common issue with these? Didnt happen the first few times i took it off and on.