1987 MM Base 2.0 5 speed was purchased in 93 for my brother. In 1995 however my brother passed away and I began to drive the truck for a few years. Being young and not very mechanically informed it started having carb problems and at that point i had another primary car, so began the 12 year sit. So after getting married and settled down I finally was able to relocate the truck to my house and into the garage to begin the restore project. Wheres Overhaulin' at? Not here, "not a cool enough project for us to consider at this time." A few years ago before I started working on it, an old Gf submitted the inquiry and that was the response. But its ok cause I love the idea when it's done that it was my hand and my hand alone that has finished it no matter the cool factor for others.
So anyways...I will be progressing this build to an errdayer driver until such time that kids will be old enough to rebuild it as something wicked (the original idea).
Now for the pics! I need some updating so i snag some more pics tonight.
Just ordered pretty much a complete new front end suspension and steering. Weber 32/36 has been on for a bit, still waiting to find headers that fit as pacesetters DO NOT! went through ordering 2 different headers this past summer neither one was even close.
Engine all rebuilt, all new gaskets, belts, oil pickup, new alt, waterpump etc etc. Fired right up first try after rebuild! played with timing and she runs like a champ. I have some Audi a4 buckets i got for free i will be installing this weekend if i have time to weld up some new brackets.
IMAG0217.jpgIMAG0128.jpgIMAG0127.jpgIMAG0014.jpgIMAG0013.jpg20120124182718.jpg20120110125038.jpg