Marysville, WA
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B

Cool Hello all

Just signed up, thought I'd say "Hi".

I have two D-50s...

The first is a 1988 2wd 2.0L that I bought new in 1988 and have put every one of 440,000 miles on it. Other than a radiator upgrade, it is bone stock.

My second is a 1988 Power Ram 50 Sport 2.6L stretch cab with every do-dad that Mitsubishi offered to put on at the factory. It has had the Weber carb modification.

This second truck is my reason for getting involved. The 2wd is scheduled to be retired soon, but the 4x4 will be getting restored an modified/modernized. I am hoping to learn some things from the group. I am an experienced mechanic and am also willing to share anything I can to help you get the most from your trucks too.

Array
    Status
    Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B-T
    440K.....thats a whole lot of driving! PIcs?

Array
    Status
    Marysville, WA
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    I just posted a photo of "Lil Red" in my albums.

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Tech tip... To add Pict's from your album on to a post, just click Go Advanced, then look for this, attach.png It's the attachment manager. You can go through all of your photos in there. Some times it's easer to see it correctly in the "light" style. That is at the bottom of the page in the style drop down menu.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    WA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    Welcome to the board. I haven't been on for a few days so sorry if it's a little late. Lol. Don't retire that 2wd just yet. There are lots of things that you can do to it to keep it strong. If the motor is tired, you can always swap em out with a different motor. Keep us posted with your plans for the future for your trucks.

Array
    Status
    Marysville, WA
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    I'll be sure to share! I plan on doing a total frame-off restomod with some custom features and upgrades. Nothing radical, but nicely done. Her mission will be all-season highway travel, local trailer towing and occationally yanking another restoration project vehicle out of some field.

As for Lil' Red, she's served me faithfully for nearly a quarter century and still holding up great overall... What is killing her is the lack of aftermarket support for the 2.0L engine. I dont need three trucks (I also have a 1972 D-200 for heavy work and highway trailer towing), so I will likely take a few of the parts from her that are in better shape than on the 4x4 and basically make the best of both into one vehicle. After that, if someone wants a decent shell to build a dropped street cruiser or something, she may see a second life that way.