Ok Folks I guess I am starting a rebuild thread for my beast "Ragnarok".
It is a 1988 Dodge Ram 50 2.0 liter. I bought the truck from the second owner that seemed to neglect the normal maintenance like oil changes and coolant flushes.
Some history of the truck:
He used this truck as his daily driver, he purchased this truck from his boss (the Original Owner) how had it as a regular work truck to cart stuff back and forth in a construction yard at the Fair grounds here in Perry, GA.
I bought this truck for $1.350 and fell in love with it the first time I saw and test drove it. It gave me that sense of nostalgia that took me back to early 20's when I purchased my very first car. A 1973 Plymouth Duster! That car came with the granny engine (225 slant six) which was quickly traded to my friend that had a 318 CID in his 72' Dart. he wanted to go smaller IE: a slant six. So the trade was struck and had a Twister clone! I loved that car the smell of gas and the rumble of the engine with straight pipes was heavenly. Had to get rid of that car when I married my second wife.... But that is a story that will be told at a later time...
OK Back to Ragnarok! Here is everything I've done so far in the rebuild:
1. Oil change: used Delo 400, substituted one quart of that with Riselone. Added the ZDP addetive. used Purolator One premium filter (No shitty fram for me!)
2. Changed all 4 spark plugs, using NGK V-powers. Gapped them to spec at .040
3. Changed all plug wires one and a time as to not mess up the firing order.
4. Changed the distributor Cap and Button.
5. Changed the PCV Valve as the one in the truck seemed to be the ORIGINAL factory one and it was clogged pretty bad.
6. Used Lucas fuel treatment with every fill up (I noticed MPG and HP gain after the second fill up!)
7. Changed stock paper air filter with a K&N Performance filter.
8. Replaced the Windshield washer reservoir (Thanks Royster!)
9. Applied 4 coats of spray and roll on Bed line (Dupli-color Brand)
10. Bought a used bed rail to bed rail toolbox to put all my tools in. (Owner wanted $100 by I got him down to $75. The Box is in perfect shape!)
Things that are planned and going to happen next:
1. Fix exhaust leak! I tracked my leak down to a blown pipe flange gasket. The bolts look to be rusted on so I will have to soak them with 3&1 oil and hope to break them loose with out snapping them.
2. Straighten the front bumper a little better and use the left over Bed Liner coating to coat the bumper!
3. Paint the truck base white and Rocker panels Black.
4. Finally affix the wicked Ram/Mitsu decal I got from Merrill
5. Install a Thrush rat Rod Muffler on this beast to get some muscle sound(I miss that) I can get it for $25 since I work at Advance Auto!
5. Install the Weber 32/36 DGEV and Electric Fuel pump. (saving up my pennies for this one).
Ok Now for some pics!
Here are some before I started swapping and changing stuff:
And here is the customary "Walk Around" after changing the Plugs, wires, Oil and Filter.
I will be taking Pics of the stuff I've changed and posting soon. I've just been lazy about it.