Array
    Status
    CR, IA
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

Hello...... my name is Jeb

Hey folks whats going on. My names Jeb and I am new to this forum....and the world of MM and Ram 50's. I have had my run in with the wonderful world of DSM's(93 Laser Turbo AWD 5 spd.) briefly but not long enough to consider myself knowledgeable/expert by any means. I have been a car guy for a good part of my life mostly dealing with Chevy/GM....I have had a few flings with Honda/Nissan/Mazda's but wanted to get into something new and a little more compact

Anyways I recently purchased a 95 Mighty Max 2wd, 5 spd, 4G64, A/C, with only 78K miles. And a pretty solid body for being located in Iowa(We love salt on winter roads). Reminds me of my Mazda B2200 so the sweet and simple aspect of the interior.

Plans: 4G64/4G63T Hybrid. Heard lots of good about that build from the DSM car side.

Honestly don't know what all to write or say so just wanting to say hello and I cant wait to be more involved and talk shop with you folks.

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    Welcome, Jeb. The Administrator put up this thoughtful thread http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...and-do-it-ASAP for new owners to check things out with their newly-acquired trucks, in order to avoid problems. We'd assume that with 78,000 miles the timing belt has been replaced at least once, but statistically, assumptions get guys into trouble every 20 seconds of every day...except Thursdays for a couple hours, but that's only on Northern Leylines during summer months. The rest of the time, we're cranking out assumptions.

That is, by the way, an assumed statstic.

Array
    Status
    CR, IA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Thank you Royster. That thread is worth more than its weight in gold. Thankfully I have had the truck for not even a week and started with about half of this already.

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Hi Jeb, welcome to the zoo. Please do not feed the animals, but you may ask or answer any questions you like. Be sure you check out everything we have to offer and make yourself comfortable.

Array
    Status
    WA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    Sometimes the answer you get is not always the answer you want, the truth hurts at times. The trans will only get you so far on a hp build. If you plan on higher rwhp, you'll have to replace the trans, or tune it for reliability and have a conservative build. All out build, include trans. Just saying.

Array
    Status
    Georgia
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G63
    Welcome Jeb......lets see some pictures of that bad boy.

LOL at royster......

Array
    Status
    CR, IA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchi View Post
    Welcome Jeb......lets see some pictures of that bad boy.

LOL at royster......
    Here they are. Not much to look at now. But I did finally get those bumper brackets off.....and saved my shins from further anguish. LOL