I say build, but it's more of a cry for help.

I know just enough about mechanics to be dangerous. I can take things apart, and put them back together reasonably enough. But, diagnostics and internals of engines are my downfall.

I've actually never torn an engine down to the pistons/rings area. I've changed many head gaskets (well, 3 to be exact). I've never torn into a head to mess with valves/guides/springs either. Basically, I guess I'm a glorified parts changer. I actually changed the head gasket on this and had it running not great but running. Started and idled perfectly, but would spit and sputter under load, and didn't have much power. Took it to the stealership, and they told me it failed the leak down test. So off with the head again. This time I pulled the engine, cause I was told it could be bad rings by the stealership.

Sooo. that's where I am at, at the moment. Engine out on a stand, head and everyTeardown Phase (25).jpgTeardown Phase (24).jpgTeardown Phase (23).jpgTeardown Phase (22).jpgTeardown Phase (21).jpgTeardown Phase (20).jpgTeardown Phase (19).jpgTeardown Phase (18).jpgTeardown Phase (17).jpgTeardown Phase (16).jpgTeardown Phase (14).jpgTeardown Phase (13).jpgTeardown Phase (12).jpgTeardown Phase (11).jpgTeardown Phase (10).jpgthing else removed. And I don't have a clue where to go next. Well, I do, but, lack of funds has put a stop to things right now. The head seems to need work, and looking at the pistons and cylinder walls, I don't know if I really need to mess with them or not.

So if anyone can make sense of these pictures what do y'all think.