Status
    New Orleans, LA
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B

86 MM brakes super sensitive

hey gang,

anyone know what would cause brakes to grab when you touch the pedal?

It's really hard to control the brakes on this truck. When i touch the pedal its super sensitive and grabs when i barely touch it. Seems like mostly the back brakes locking

WTF?

p

Array
    Status
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle

1981 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Ford V8
    Check and see if the caliper is stuck, If it doesn't retract and the pads are always in contact then you have instant braking. Also check the caliper sliders and make sure those are greased to allow the caliper to move when you take pressure off the peddle.

Also check the rear drums and E brake cables, if the E break is stuck dragging the rear shoes on the drums replace or repair the cables. The same thing can happen if the shoes are dragging on the drums from being to tight. You should be able to spin the rear tire (On jack stands in Neutral) and feel some light dragging on the brakes. If they are hard to turn then they need to be adjusted or repaired depending on why they are dragging.

Array
    Status
    New Orleans, LA
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Will do, fordubishi. Thanks for the tips. It's been up on blocks working on AC. Where i live AC is much more important than brakes ..
    Should have it back running this week i will start inspecting the brake system. I bet it needs a good flush it hasn't been well maintained.