Thread: Glad there is a lot more out there then me!

Array
    Status
    Carlisle, PA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B

Glad there is a lot more out there then me!

Hey all! I've been searching for a while for different groups and meets regarding these vehicles. I own a 1989 Mighty Max 2.0 and i love the vehicle. Its what i learned how to drive on, and now its my project truck. Currently i have the engine torn out to get it rebuilt. Things that I've done to the vehicle as it stands includes the following: new bed, new front end welded on, new bumper, all new brake parts(rotors, drums, etc), I've replaced two of the axles, new hood, and obviously new tires and rims, paint job and various body work. Let me know what you guys think!

truck_painted_chrome 005.jpg

Array
    Status
    Pukwana, SD
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

6G72
    Sweet ride there these trucks are hard to let go of for sure!

Array
    Status
    Carlisle, PA
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    They are so darn easy to work on, with all the space under the hood. in the upcoming years i'm thinking of dropping in a bigger engine in it.

Array
    Status
    Lake Havasu City,AZ
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Sweet Ride!

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    Asmyser, that's a nice truck. I, for one, always get happy to see these trucks faithfully stock.

We have an influx, lately, of beautiful trucks...it's making us 'work truck' guys feel very, very small, envious and otherwise determined to get your address and go steal parts.

Oh...did I say that out loud?

Welcome to the forum, and the mid-Atlantic group is discussing a trip to PA for parts...I mean, a get-together.

Array
    Status
    Carlisle, PA
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Thanks! before the paint job and other work it was a work truck, we used it for various things around the household and for a nice MPG vehicle for long hauls with little cargo. But lately its been a project. I used to have two of them, one 4x4 and one year older for parts. Very similar but in bad condition. The work truck gets stuff done though, and don't let mine fool you, its got some scratches in the paint and some other blemishes on it that i plan to get fixed from overdoing it after the paint job. I don't have any interior shots, and right now it would be a shame to show the inside, very dirty and not put together. i wonder if anybody on here come up for the Car Shows in Carlisle, PA, import or truck shows?

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    i wonder if anybody on here come up for the Car Shows in Carlisle, PA, import or truck shows?
    Post it in the mid-Atlantic section http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...SC-NC-GA-TN-KY and we WILL organise something.

If you have the humbleness to show the interior now (dirty), it lets us know how much you did so when the nice shots come along.

I really wish I had taken photos of my truck when I first bought it. Now that option is forever gone.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    I have had Geronimo and my Blackwood to all truck nats - last time was 2004 though. Time to make the trip again - may have a 2nd Ram 50 truck done for this year if everything else around here quits falling apart. Looking good - may need to lock up your truck for safe keeping. Welcome to the Forum!
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Carlisle, PA
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Alrighty, ill hopefully have some pictures by the weekend to show. I used to have tons of shots when replacing the front wnd and bed but lost them

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    may need to lock up your truck for safe keeping.
    Gee...heh heh...no reason for that!...I mean, it's not like I'd want those door panels or seats and console...heh heh....why lock your truck?

Array
    Status
    blackwood, nj
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Welcome to the forum. I'll be a chrysler at carlisle with my dakota in July. And I'll be at the truck nationals in august hopefully with my mighty max if it's done but if not then I'm bringing the dakota. We've been out to the truck nationals for the last 3 years. It's definetly a good time.

Array
    Status
    Carlisle, PA
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Yeah, i'm planning on being at the nationals for friday august first, partially because my band is playing but also because i plan to have my mighty max done by then.

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    Welcome and nice truck. They are definitely good vehicles to learn on and they last forever. And welcome to the club, sounds like you might do an engine swap sometime on it

Array
    Status
    Carlisle, PA
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    i started a thread for the build in the appropriate location...i think..

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    "Vehicle Specific - 2nd Generation" would be it. Looking forward to eye candy!