Array
    Status
    North Dakota
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B

Extra sensor in transmission?

The only difference I see on my 2 transmissions is the '89 has some kind of sensor on the transfer case front output where the '86 does not. The Haynes manual does not cover this. Or much at all as far as the trans goes besides removal. What is that thing?

*EDIT*
    I guess it's just to tell you that you're in 4WD. Apparently, we were smarter pre-'87 that we knew we were in 4WD. After that we needed a light to let us know.

On another note, where do you source internal parts to rebuild these transmissions? All the "rebuild kits" I see are just gaskets.
    Last edited by Fingers; 05-27-2023 at 09:26 AM.

Array
    Status
    Pukwana, SD
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

6G72
    A place in MN North of Rochester (Zumbrota) for manual rebuilds or parts they have another location up North they are sharp on rebuilds and do parts sales also. First time I walked in there it sounded like a bee hive with the impact guns going. Great guys to deal with they get the job done. I would drop off a trans on my way to WI to turkey hunt on a Monday the stop back on Friday to pick up my rebuilt trans on the way back. Always quality work that shifted perfectly unlike the local clowns that took 3 tries and destroyed a KM145 on me.

Midwest Transmission Center
    Last edited by SubGothius; 06-01-2023 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Formatting

Array
    Status
    Pukwana, SD
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

6G72
    Trying to post the name but it won’t show up with tha cut and paste?
    Midwest Transmission Center
    Zumbrota, MN
    Last edited by SubGothius; 06-01-2023 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Formatting

Array
    Status
    Tucson, AZ USA
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Quote Originally Posted by Law Dog View Post
    Trying to post the name but it won’t show up with tha cut and paste?
    Fixed that for ya. Looks like the problem was that pasting carried over the text formatting (including the black font color) from wherever you copied it, so if you're using the forum's default "Velocity" skin, that black text wasn't showing up against the dark background. I edited your post to use the Remove Format button near the left end of the editor toolbar.

TIP: Most browsers and other apps support using Ctrl-Shift-V (or on Mac, Command+Option+Shift+V) to paste plaintext without the original style formatting. ;-)
    1987 Dodge Ram 50 4G54 RWD longbed ("Elmo")
    1979 Lancia Beta Zagato spider ("Lola")
    1982 Lancia Beta Zagato spider ("Luigi")

Array
    Status
    Pukwana, SD
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

6G72
    One would be the backup light switch the other the 4 WD light switch is my guess.

Array
    Status
    Pukwana, SD
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

6G72
    Quote Originally Posted by SubGothius View Post
    Fixed that for ya. Looks like the problem was that pasting carried over the text formatting (including the black font color) from wherever you copied it, so if you're using the forum's default "Velocity" skin, that black text wasn't showing up against the dark background. I edited your post to use the Remove Format button near the left end of the editor toolbar.

TIP: Most browsers and other apps support using Ctrl-Shift-V (or on Mac, Command+Option+Shift+V) to paste plaintext without the original style formatting. ;-)

Thanks no clue what you said at the end I’m no PC guy. LOL I’ll just type it out next time, my computer knowledge is it works or it don’t. Thanks for the help it showed up in the edit part then disappeared on the save part very confusing for an old guy.