Thread: RamBam's Journies

Array
    Status
    Stuarts Draft, Va.
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    if it isn't one thing its another, now i seem to have a wire shorting out my battery. if i attempt to jump start my truck with my battery hooked up it wont work, if i disconnect my battery and hook the jumpers straight to the terminals with now battery it fires right up. alternator is new so i know thats not the issue, and i dont see how it can be a short in the wires if i hook jumpers to the terminals and it fire right up but hooked to my battery it wont work. went today and used the warranty and they swapped me out to a brand new batter and it still doing it. what is going on with this thing?

Array
    Status
    Carlisle, PA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    You just have the worst luck with these things. Simple things you could try are make sure you clean your terminals right, I've had before where the terminal didn't make good contact with the terminals on the battery and wouldn't start right until i cleaned the gunk out of it. That's all i have without being able to look at it and think about it.

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    .Fuse-able link at the firewall
    .short in the + cable strapped to the block
    .too much grease/oil on the starter
    .bad ground wire/harness
    .lack of vitamin D (donut)

Array
    Status
    Stuarts Draft, Va.
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    mmmmm DONUTS

Array
    Status
    Stuarts Draft, Va.
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    i was gettin a bad connection at my positive terminal! got all that fixed today, just need to finish makin my battery box and strap it all down! went to the local pick n pull today and found an 86 d50 with the dash clock! so i gladly got that little upgrade today and got it installed, just plugged it up tossed in a fuse and BOOM dash clock for RamBam! also found a latch for my sliding glass but was a few bucks short on grabbin that one so ill get it tomorrow! pic up n a bit!

Array
    Status
    Stuarts Draft, Va.
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    it was dark when i got around to hookin it up so you can only see the numbers, i havent finished installing my intrior light yet but i did rip that headliner out(not sure what vehicle it was from but im pretty sure it was from a car and cut short to fit the truck) but i put the ford visors in, much larger and cover more area to block sun, once i have a headliner and re upholster it ill be a happy camper!
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Stuarts Draft, Va.
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    randomly enough the clip for the clock was still attached to the back of the little pocket that comes in the trucks that dont have the clock option, so its as simple as poppin the pocket out popping the clip off, hook it to the clock and pop the clock in, only had to put the fuse back in the fuse box and set it and its good to go! and i love it, its nice havin a clock in the dash thus not having to look at my watch or phone while driving. sweet little upgrade for you people that havent done so yet! i LOVE stock upgrades!

Array
    Status
    Stuarts Draft, Va.
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    took some mystical nighttime truck lovin photos! i think my orange color looks tight in the dim outdoor lighting. cant wait for a clear starry night to take her up on the parkway near the lookout spots so ill have a perfect starry backdrop canvas of the night in these mountainous valleys of ours in Virginia.
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Stuarts Draft, Va.
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    I'll have to get pics up tomorrow, but me and my boy were discussing lowering the truck the old fashioned way(blocks and chopped coils) and got down uner the rear to take a look and BAM its got 2" blocks in it already? my truck seemed to be roughly the same height as the other ram 50s ive seen around town but apparently my truck is already lowered 2". as it sits i was planning to chop one coild and putting 3" blocks to get it down some but if its already got 2" blcoks and the front seems to be level with it what can i do to get it 2" lower than were it is now, as far as the front ill have to look to see if its already cut or if its actualy springs, if it is cut(though i may regret it) im going to chop atleast another half coil off and swap to 3" blocks. in the event i regret the coil chop the local yard does still have that one ram 50 i got the clock from so i can always go get the coils. if i dont go 3" blocks has anyone gone mono leaf with the stock packs yet on here to tell their tales? if i dont slow down at rail road crossings it already smacks frame in the rear(unless it still has the bump stops and im hitting that, in which case i can remove those and proceed with going mono. but my main concern is getting the front lower, i cant afford to get spindles or springs right now though, and since my shocks are probably stockers and wore out anyway(though when i bounce it goes down and right back up like a champ and doesnt bounce at all so they could be swapped already, but if not then ill just do away with them(unless someone has experience with that and would like to tell those tales?

Array
    Status
    Georgia
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G63
    I like that color and your truck. Looks sharp....i m o....should have the parking lights on when taking night time photos.

All in all those photos look kewl too. I'd like to lower mine sometime after I get it on the road, gotta get this engine of mine figured out first.

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    The rear probably needs the bump stops cut down. I think it looks stock height becuase maybe they have smaller tires on those stockish rims? I would pull the middle leaf which will give you about a 1.5-2" drop and then cut some coils

Array
    Status
    Stuarts Draft, Va.
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    ill try to get a pic of the coils but i think they're already cut a bit, i looked today and it looked like about 4 go arounds on em, how many coils are stock? ill mess with the leaf pack and cut a lil off the coils hopefully this weekend.

i did finally get the ford valance put on today, ill get some pics up in a bit.

Array
    Status
    Stuarts Draft, Va.
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    oh and the rims are stock pathfinder rims, 15x6? i know 15 but not sure how wide they are, ill look at tire size next time i go out there but yeah it sits almost level with other ram50s in town but there is def 2" blocks in the back. ill try to remember to snag a pic of those tomorrow too.

Array
    Status
    Stuarts Draft, Va.
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    tires are 195/65r15...
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Detroit, Michigan
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    where did you find the dash clock? cause mine came without one too.

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    The valance really came out looking great, Mike! It looks like it originally came with the truck.

Array
    Status
    New Providence,PA
    Vehicle

1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G72
    Nice rig Bro.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    ...wonder what happened to this member
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer101 View Post
    ...wonder what happened to this member
    Last time I talked to him he had some serious legal problems.
    The greatest gift you have to give to the world is that of your own self~transformation.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by royster View Post
    Last time I talked to him he had some serious legal problems.
    Oh damn. I'm not sure if I want to even know... life is messy
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123