Thread: Where to buy the best windsheild seal?

Array
    Status
    Salem Oregon
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

4G63-T

Where to buy the best windsheild seal?

I just had a new windshield put in my 86 this morning and it is already leaking into the cab between the glass and rubber. I couldn't be more pissed than I am right now. The guy installed it in the rain, didn't put any sealant at all on it, didn't get it centered properly and he used a cheapo POS chinese seal WTF??? It's a good thing my son pulled a tarp over it shortly after they guy left or my new carpet would be soaked by now. I can do a much better job myself and I intend to if I can find a seal worth a crap. [/venting]

Array
    Status
    Farmington, UT
    Vehicle

1983 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4D56-T
    I have a couple OEM seal from Mitsu. I am not sure if they are obsolete or not. Have you checked with the dealer?
    1985 Mitsubishi Pickup, 2.3 H.O. Turbo Diesel, Watercooled Turbo, ported and polished 4D56 Head with Roller Rockers, Custom '83 Injection pump, JK Rubicon axles w/elockers and disc brakes, 14" Fox Coilovers, Centerforce II, 5.0 Atlas II, ARB Bull Bar, 33x12.50x17 General Grabber Competition tires

1983 Mitsubishi Pickup 2.5 Turbo Diesel, 4x4. fully restored, new 4D56 crate motor, Thanks Mike

2003 Mercedes Benz G500, the best SUV ever made

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    either get them from a dealer, Mike Warme, or from Steele rubber products. Mike has looked at them and said they are made even better than the originals for a first gen.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Burbank, CA
    Vehicle

1983 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4D55-T
    I think steele is china now to Robert . I have genuine originals $110 shipped to your door. These except trim. That is all Mitsu sold for these weather they had trim or not they came with the same rubber .

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    that sucks that steele went china on us. I am going to see if the windshield can be glued in like the new cars are. I remember A guy did that to his on a 1st gen but I didn't look close enough then and him and the truck are long gone.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980