Thread: a lil compound and a lil wax....

Array
    Status
    Stuarts Draft, Va.
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B

a lil compound and a lil wax....

ok so when I got the truck it was dull and just didn't have much shine at all, the paint job is crap to begin with but I wanted to make the most of what I got. Ive only worked on the cab so far and haven't touched the doors yet either, mainly hood and fenders. the compound did great brought some color out and shined awesome, adding wax over that didn't do a whole lot but I took a comparison pic. you can barley see the line that's dividing but compound is left and wax is on top of compound on the right. I did it in carport so the right side is on the wall and the left is mainly open. no sun out though, it was snowing.

Array
    Status
    Stuarts Draft, Va.
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    forgot to add this to the original

Array
    Status
    Stuarts Draft, Va.
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    what the hell its not inserting?

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    YOU AGAIN!

Wax depends a little bit on heat, for what that's worth. And a great tip on the plastic parts: use mineral oil instead of Armor All. If you wanna be lazy for now, use mineral oil on the paint.

Another tip I learned decades ago was to wash the vehicle with cleanser...like Ajax or Comet. The bleach shouldn't hurt the paint and it removes road grime really well. You can use non-bleach cleanser, like Bon Ami or (expensive) Bartkeeper's Friend: they're mildly abrasive (like Hilary Clinton) and do the same thing that rubbing compound does. Along with the cleanser I use dish soap for suds and lubrocity (what a word). Rinse really well.

That mineral oil will do wonders on the dashboard, too. Wipe off the excess. It will remain excessively shiney for a while, but it gives the plastic the petrolium moisture it wants.

And remember: Powdered Doughnuts are NOT "environmental hazards" after they're eaten. So be sure to do YOU PART to save the environment, and rid the world of powdered doughnuts.

Do it for Johnny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xG3yGdQYwqg

Array
    Status
    Stuarts Draft, Va.
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    I added the photo again, hopefully it posts this time...
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Stuarts Draft, Va.
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    BOOM, you can barley see the line but its there, once the suns out again ill take some pics of the bed(haven't used any compound or wax on it yet, so you can see what I was working with when I got the truck, compound worked WONDERS and the wax on top of that spiffs it up nice too. so SSHHHIINNNYYY