Anyone ghetto lowered their ride? come out of the wood work, tons of people do this though many frown on it, its a way to achieve a goal on the cheap. obviously the main issue here is ride quality, say your not concerned with the ride quality, however cutting coils most likely means a person is to cheap to fork up on the proper shocks, so my question is has anyone chopped coils then relocated there shock mount so as to maintain stock shock geometry but with a hacked coil? I'm thinking at the moment I don't have the dime to shell out for a real drop but id like to replace my most likely original 1988 shocks, why not while doing so chop the coil for now and temporarily move the mount position so for now my truck can drop a couple inches but my shocks can maintain stock travel and since the ride beats the hell out of me now(also consider im 6'2"), new shocks on chop coil could only be at worst the same. but most likely better, and urethane bushings are somewhere near the top of my list thus ride quality will arrive soon enough!

as for the rear, again move shock mount spot and I have 2 and 3 inch blocks and multiple sets of U-bolts around here from previous Jeep projects so the rear is covered I just need to think about shock mounting and buy new stock shocks, or at the least air shocks.

Also an idea I had a few years back for my Colorado, go mono leaf in the rear and add air-ride helper bags, yes its a sorry ass way to run bags but deflate and you'll at least set frame on axel, looks appealing across a Walmart parking lot and just pump up and go.

Another idea for the front, anyone seen those mini coil-overs on ebay made as helpers for rears to maintain heavier loads? remove front coils, delete shocks and mount those in place of the shocks?(this idea just hit me on the spot so no thought behind this theory just winged it)

whats ya'lls ideas? post me some chop coil pics and explain what has differed from stock to how it rides today.

Thanks, J.