Array
    Status
    blackwood, nj
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

95 mighty max bagged build

I dropped my truck 5/6 awhile back and of course now its not low enough. So I did a lot of research and got a game plan for bagging my mighty max. I know that there is going to be a learning curve and that not everything goes as a planned. So my plans aren't set in stone. I started first by getting the truck up in the air so that I could trim the crossmembers and tuck the exhaust up into the frame. Next i went out to harbor freight and bought a carport. We've been really busy at work and can't afford to tie up a bay so I'll be doing the work out back. The weather just started to break so its time to get to work. I got parked the truck out back and took the bed off so I could get my measurements for my 3 link bars. This weekend I'm gonna try to get out there and and start stripping down the rear of the frame.
    Screenshot_2014-03-09-13-41-06.jpgScreenshot_2014-03-09-14-08-05.jpgScreenshot_2014-03-09-14-14-05.jpgScreenshot_2014-03-09-14-14-29.jpg
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    blackwood, nj
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    I need some help with the pictures. I know the pictures turn on my iPhone so I used my tablet and it still rotates some of them.

Array
    Status
    Durham, NC
    Vehicle

1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Not a bad start.......I dono about everyone else but I like lots of pictures! haha

Array
    Status
    blackwood, nj
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    I will post them up. I'm just gonna use my laptop, I don't really seem to have issues with uploading pictures on it. I ordered a bunch of stuff from Thorbros today so most of that should be in a week or two.

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    Looking good, glad to see another bagged build thread on here. I still need to chop up those cross members, think I'm going to make a new tranny x-member. Or maybe later and modify the stock one now, just want to get my truck back on the road lol.

Array
    Status
    blackwood, nj
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    I just cut and plated the trans crossmember for know. I think once I z the front I'm gonna make a new one that is tucked into the frame. But thanks man, I'm just happy to get started. How long have you been off the road?

Array
    Status
    Durham, NC
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    I still have to chop my crossmember thats welded to the frame. My truck will kinda teeter on it when layed out.

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    Been off the road for a year now but just started bagging it slowly a few months ago.
    Last edited by DroppedMitsu; 03-14-2014 at 10:08 AM.

Array
    Status
    blackwood, nj
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    I was checking out your tread, I like what your doing. I'm hoping to have mine done by at least the end of summer. The only free time I have is Saturdays so it's gonna be a slow build.

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    Thank you, and yea I only really get to barely work on it on the weekends, or else I'd be a little bit farther right now. Hoping to have mine done by the end of April.

Array
    Status
    blackwood, nj
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    I got some work done yesterday on the truck. I stripped down the frame removing the gas tank, cross members, exhaust, shock mounts and spare tire. I also pulled the carpet so I can raise the end of the trans tunnel. My parts should start coming in by next weekend so I'd like to do the step notch next weekend.
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Tucson, Az
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Looking good. Remember to brace along the way.

Array
    Status
    Georgia
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Do you have any other pics of how it looked with the 5/6 drop? Also, what all did you do to achieve a 5/6 static drop? I assume the obvious blocks, springs, spindles, etc. I'm just curious.

In for the progress.

Array
    Status
    blackwood, nj
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    I'm at work now but I have pictures of the static drop in my album. For the front I cut the springs and used drop spindles. And on the rear I removed a leaf and used a 4" block.

Array
    Status
    blackwood, nj
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    I got most of my parts delivered to the shop today, I was like a kid on Christmas morning. So I'm gonna try to get some work done this weekend.
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    blackwood, nj
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Got one step notch done yesterday. The weather was crappy and the ground in the carport was starting to flood so I called it a day. But I'm excited it's finally starting to look like a bagged truck not just a stripped frame. I still got a long way to go but its nice to see progression, I couldn't get out there last weekend.
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    blackwood, nj
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Oh yea and I got some more boxes this week.
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Oakland, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Nice. Eagerly waiting progress.

Was your axle and driveshaft forever hitting the frame and tunnel when you were on 4" blocks?

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    I luv getting new parts delivery boxes for my truck. I try to intercept the delivery driver though before he hits the door because I have to explain whats inside to the wifey. Keep up the great work and photos. If your camera takes upside down images all the time, turn it over and snap the picture and it will be the right way for you, lol.

Array
    Status
    blackwood, nj
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Quote Originally Posted by BradMph View Post
    I luv getting new parts delivery boxes for my truck. I try to intercept the delivery driver though before he hits the door because I have to explain whats inside to the wifey. Keep up the great work and photos. If your camera takes upside down images all the time, turn it over and snap the picture and it will be the right way for you, lol.
    That's why I get it delivered to the shop plus I don't want my stuff sitting out front of my house while no ones home. Our secretary at work thinks it's funny because the world could be ending but I wouldn't know if my delivery just came in. Thanks for the picture info, I just been downloading them to my computer because I know that doesn't mess with them.

Array
    Status
    blackwood, nj
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Quote Originally Posted by noahwins View Post
    Nice. Eagerly waiting progress.

Was your axle and driveshaft forever hitting the frame and tunnel when you were on 4" blocks?
    My rear was dropped 6" and it would bottom out once in awhile but not that bad for not having a notch and when it hit hard the driveshaft would hit the cab. But my dakota and s10 couldn't go more than 4" without a notch, that's the nice thing about these trucks.

Array
    Status
    blackwood, nj
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Today I got the other step notch done. I tore down the front end and rough cut the spring pockets so I can pie cut the upper control arms. I can lay out on a 23" tire now so we'll see where pie cutting it takes to. I'm taking measurements from the frame not the engine crossmember because I'm plan on z-ing it in the future.
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    blackwood, nj
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    The upper control arms are pie cut, now I can run a 27" tire. I started cutting out the spring pocket and lower control arm to fit the bags but ran out of time. I'm gonna cut the pocket more along the white line to get the upper bag mount on a angle so this way the bag collapses evenly. I'm still on the fence with triangulating the lowers, I think i'll be alright with the strut rods for now.
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Durham, NC
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    looks good.

Array
    Status
    blackwood, nj