Thread: 95 mighty max bagged build

Array
    Status
    blackwood, nj
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Today I got the crossmember done and tacked my wishbone in place. I still want to reinforce it with some gussets and tie it into my bed mounts for a little extra strength, but I ran out of time today. I also decided to not use my escalades and go with GM 17" steelies. So that's it for this week, next weekend I'm going to the truck nationals in Carlisle Pa. so their wont be any work getting done.
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Carlisle, PA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Did you have any of your trucks at the show at Carlisle, i was there on Friday with mine for a while. Got some looks.

Array
    Status
    blackwood, nj
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    I was there Saturday and Sunday with my dakota. The whole drive I was wishing I was in my mighty max. But definitly next year. What kind of looks where you getting?

Array
    Status
    blackwood, nj
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Today I got the braces and gussets in for the cross member and the lower bars in place for the 3 link. I also cut the tunnel out for the drive shaft, I can lay out the rear on a 27" tire. All of the tabs for the 3 link are still only tacked for now until I figure out the bag placement and shocks. So that'll be next.
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Nice....Sure hope your universal joints never snap and sends that driveshaft into a spasm. Making progress Bobby.

Array
    Status
    blackwood, nj
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Thanks Brad. I'm gonna make a new tunnel with probably 1/8" steel. But the driveshaft will only be that high if I'm layed out on a 27" tire. As of right now I'm only running a 24" tire but I just wanna plan for the future.

Array
    Status
    blackwood, nj
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    I made it over to the shop for a little while today. I got the bag brackets welded in for the 3-link.
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    blackwood, nj
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    I put in another bar for the upper bag bracket for added support and mounted my rear shocks. While I had it all apart to weld the tabs I finished welding the bottom of the step notches since the diff was out of the way. I also painted the steelies and mount and balanced the tires.
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    blackwood, nj
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Did the under bar gussets today on my lunch.
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    blackwood, nj
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Mounted my gas tank yesterday. I need to run to the store next weekend to get some more steel for mounting my air tank and compressors. I also put my new wheels on to see how they'd look tucked.
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    Truck and work is looking great! The steelies look awesome too. You and my buddy are mking me jealous, I need to get to work on mine and stop slacking.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Steelies look tough dude! I'm seriously looking into getting a set when my cash flow improves. The 17" rims don't look over the top in basic black either...

Array
    Status
    blackwood, nj
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Thanks guys. I got tired of seeing escalades on everything and I was looking for something basic. I think I'm gonna do a red pinstripe in the outer lip of the rim. It feels good though, it's like I see light at the end of the tunnel. So droppedmitsu what's your buddy building?

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    I've been helping him bag a single cab mighty max.

Array
    Status
    blackwood, nj
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Nice. Once I'm done my truck me and my buddy are probably doing his 1st gen s10, which should be a breeze after doing a mighty max.

Array
    Status
    blackwood, nj
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    I didn't get a lot of time on the truck today but I did get the air tank mounted. Next will be the compressors.
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    blackwood, nj
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    The back half is officially done! Now I have to take it all apart and prep it for paint but before I do that im gonna raise the bed floor to see how it all fits. Today I got the compressors mounted and also got started on the tunnel.
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    blackwood, nj
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Started raising the bed floor today. It's taking longer than I expected so I'm gonna try to get on it tomorrow also.
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    I have to say that you guys bagging your trucks and rebuilding them to the frame are some dedicated folks. I wish I had the time and energy to make such changes. I definitely like to see all your final builds completed as much as you all enjoy them after your done. You all go the extra mile with fabricating and sculpting these things and it gives all us others some interesting reading. Keep up the great stuff, it keeps me coming back.

Array
    Status
    blackwood, nj
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Thank you, I really appreciate the kind words. It is a lot of time to dedicate to a project and it's even harder when your limited on time. For instance my son stayed at his cousins last night so I got up a 6am so I could button up some loose ends before he got home at 11am. On a side note, my buddy picked up a bagged 85 datsun 720 yesterday and taking it out for a spin was a lot of motivation!

Array
    Status
    blackwood, nj
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    I made the bed mounts to compensate for the 6 1/2" raised bed floor. My plans are to put the bed on this week to check that everything clears and to figure out where I'm gonna mount my valves. I'm thinking about adding a bar across the frame behind the compressors, but I wont know for sure until I see my clearances. I started welding the tunnel today but ran out of gas so I guess that'll be next weekend. I was going over list of stuff left and I think I could maybe be done in a month if nothing else comes up.
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    Man these mighty max beds are a pain in the behind to raise the bed floor compare to other trucks I have seen. Took me forever when I did my last single cab. Looks good though, can't wait to see yours finished

Array
    Status
    blackwood, nj
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Yea I thought it was gonna be done in a day... I was wrong. I got a lot done but I still have to brace the sides and make the filler panel for the back of the bed. This is the first one I did so I don't have anything to compare it to but I heard that others are easier. But I like a challenge otherwise I would have done a s10 like everyone else. I put the bed on the other day and everything fit nice and the body lines lined up. It felt good to see it look like a truck.
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    blackwood, nj
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Man its been awhile since I updated. Life has been real busy lately but I still am chopping away at the mighty max. Since I last posted I got the back half all cleaned up and painted, plumbed and wired my fuel tank, installed my exhaust, finished the trans tunnel and I just got started on the front wheel wells. Right now I'm waiting on the rest of my fittings to come in. I ordered them from gaugestore and half of them came in and the rest were suppose to be drop shipped from smc.
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    blackwood, nj
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    I got a lot done last weekend. I mounted the fuel filler neck in the bed floor and got the bottom of the bed all cleaned up and undercoated. I still need to clean up the inside of the bed and spray in a bed liner but I can do that after it's on the truck. The front tubs are all done and everything got relocated under the hood. So I assembled the front end, bleed the brakes, installed the bags, mounted my gauges then I fired it up. It was really nice to hear it run again, she wasn't happy after sitting that long but it got nice and quiet within a few minutes. So this weekend I'll be plumbing and wiring all of the air ride. I also have a lot of little shit to do but hopefully it will be driving by the end of the weekend. So we'll see...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast