Hey everybody, popping in and introducing myself here. Name's Joe, but pretty much everybody calls me Blue. I've got a '91 3000GT, '95 Dodge Stealth, '86 Toyota Cressida, and '01 Galant V6. I really shouldn't be taking more projects on, but I'm looking at an '88 Ram 50 Extended cab with a PERFECT body (minus tailgate) and a blown engine. I know the guy through my job, and he has told me the best thing to do on this particular truck is to go ahead and replace the engine. He'd bought it for the head (assuming it was a non-jet head for his Conquest TSI) and found out the truck had jet heads and just wants to get his investment back on it.
I'm really here to see what kind of swaps are out there for these trucks, because I know the many variants of the 6G72 well. I've owned 3000GTs for six years, and I'm very partial to the SOHC engine found in the 3/S platform. If that engine could be made to work I'd love to know. If anything is a direct bolt in (add wires and go) I'd love to know about that too. Truck is 2bbl, auto, PS. Also curious as to whether or not the 5spd swap would be terribly difficult.
Thanks guys!