Array
    Status
    Arcadia,WI
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

I.D.K.?

The meaning for Ram 50 Custom

I have a 88 Ram 50 and i want to know what did i get with the Model Custom W?

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    Welcome to the forum, Jojo. It would help if you can post some photos, also get the engine number off the firewall.

An interesting question which I don't know the answer to, but will be waiting to see so i can learn.
    The greatest gift you have to give to the world is that of your own self~transformation.

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    camoit: Jojo47ty - I know pennyman answered that one somewhere on the board. If I remember it had bench seat and the custom part was somthing like the rims or diferent paint. There is so little diference between them you can't tell by looking at them. It was a sales and marketing thing. It's like the sport. It had small rear view mirrors, bucket seats, tilt stering and a sport steering wheel and center consol. with oil and amp guage. I think the custon and the stock are nearly the same there was some minor change
    Taken from the chat box.
    The greatest gift you have to give to the world is that of your own self~transformation.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    That is correct - the custom is the base model bench seat, 2.0 motor, may have 5 spd manual or 4 spd auto, no gauges or tach.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Arcadia,WI
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    Thats weird the custom i have has bucket seats but on the side of the cab it says sport cab so idk what it means plus it has the 2.6L

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    I wonder if you have an all-options model? Do you have the sport cluster (with tach and oil/amps guages)? Try to get some photos posted: some of the experts on this forum can tell a lot by very little.

Also: are the bucket seats original upholstery? As Merill said in another post, unless you know the history of the vehicle, it's hard to say what you have. A Google search of my VIN tells me my truck came with an automatic, yet it sports a 5-speed (with very nice gears, I might add). And I'm fairly certain this is how the truck came from the factory. Very base model, though I intend to put a sport cluster in and bucket seats. Years down the road, when someone else gets the truck, what will they think?

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    sport cabs came with bucket seats regardless of trim level - the 2.6 was not a custom trim option
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980