Hello, New to this forum, but been on the site a lot looking for help on problems. Sorry for the length of this first post.

I have a 1984 Dodge D50 4X4 TD. Was in ok shape when I got it a year ago. A lot of little things needed attention and slowly I have been addressing the issues one by one. It's about time to do some serious upgrades/fixes and looking for a little bit of advice or guidance. First here is a list of the item I have done.

New head gasket
New water pump & thermostat
New/rebuilt radiator to replace incorrect radiator that was taken out by a fan as it tried to make an escape from my engine bay
New/used fan assembly
New power steering pump
installed/mfg new front battery box for dual batteries
Cleaned and fixed heater core

Truck has a little bit of rust but nothing too big. It is my daily driver and is so for its fuel economy (mostly 28 MPG). I have a 28 mile one way commute, so that works out nicely.

Here is what I am trying to do. Improve the truck, get a little more power. Torque really. I would like to be able to pull a small trailer if necessary. I am not trying to go crazy with this thing, just make it a good solid workhorse.
Plans for upgrade.
1 intercooler
2 2.5” exhaust
3 new 30x9.5x15 tires & wheels
4 deal with a very squeaky front end
5 possible body lift
Not to mention some more creature comfort upgrades
A problem came up today that has most of the above now in play. I went to install the said tire/wheel combo and my local shop would not due it because of tire rubbing issues. Ok, thanks, thought that might be a problem. Drive away and the truck is all of the sudden MUCH loader. They put it on the lift and I think I find the leaky exhaust problem. I take it to a muffler shop, and outside of a couple of old weak spots on the muffler, they cannot find the source of the problem. It is louder, a lot louder, especially in the cab. I am convinced the muffler system needs to be upgraded. Can I go to a true 2.5” from turbo back? Or does it even matter? I know there is some restriction from the turbo outlet size.
Question 2, does the common 3” body lift for sale out there for the 87’+ D50 work on the older 82-86 body style?

Thanks in advance.
TreeFarmer