Array
    Status
    Hilo HI
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

I.D.K.?

Soft clutch pedal-worn release springs

Hi everyone..... So I get the cable kind clutch in my ram and there's been a problem with it since I got the truck. When I bought it on top where the cable runs through the firewall and get the adjuster nut.... The thing was maxed out already to where the previous owners stacked washers on the cable to even further extend the tension on the cable. Anyways bought the whole clutch kit.... Installed everything and put it all back together, the clutch feels great now but the pedal is still soft and I STILL require the washers on the clutch cable to have enough pressure to engage the clutch. Well I figured out it wasn't even the clutch, the problem I found is it's actually the return springs for the throw out bearing are just incredibly worn thus making the pedal soft and requiring me to need all these washers to put the extra pressure on the clutch.... Anyways I call the dealership to find out this part is now obsolete and they can no longer order it.... And no parts stores around me carry it lol. So my question does anyone know if it's possible to get these springs somewhere.????? That would be awesome if someone had some info on this. Thank you!!

Array
    Status
    Columbus, OH
    Vehicle

1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Other
    Well there is always the junkyard route. a little secret about Mitsubishi, yes, Mitsubishi, I assume you went to a Dodge dealer, they send all their old parts to the Atlanta Warehouse. So go to the Mitsubishi Dealer, and ask them to check the Atlanta stock.

Array
    Status
    Hilo HI
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    Quote Originally Posted by LSR Mike View Post
    Well there is always the junkyard route. a little secret about Mitsubishi, yes, Mitsubishi, I assume you went to a Dodge dealer, they send all their old parts to the Atlanta Warehouse. So go to the Mitsubishi Dealer, and ask them to check the Atlanta stock.
    Right on... u right I did call the Dodge dealership lol. Thats an extremely useful bit of information lol thnx for sharing. Ill call Mitsu soon as I can.