Array
    Status
    Hillsboro, OR
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B

Roller Rockers

I went out to Pick n pull the other day and found me a Plymouth voager and scavenged the roller rockers from it, I love it free roller rockers. The other day I pulled my valve cover (first time) noticed that someone had put a NON JET-VALVE head!!! That was the happiest day of my life! but I wanted to ask a question I was thinking about what I have to do to install these and I wanted to know how to tighten the rocker assembly without bending the rocker shafts since they are hydraulic lash adjusters. AND im getting a cam ground at Oregon cam grind for it too. I know to let them know that its a roller rocker set up cause the cams have different profiles. Do you guys think this will take a toll on my bottom end? I don't currently know the condition of the bearings. looks like when who ever or when ever they replaced the head im guessing did the chain too cause it all looked pretty good and new. Anyways any info will help Thanks

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    The rockers should be a direct swap - common on starquest motors which are 2.6. The rocker arm ratios ar 1.6 vs 1.5 stock, so telling the cam grinder is essential to prevent issues. Be sure the rocker shafts are for the 85 up 2.6 with hydraulic lash adjustors so the lifters get the oil they need. It should not hurt the bottom end unless you start driving it like a top fuel dragster everywhere.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Hillsboro, OR
    Vehicle

Engine

G54B
    Well I already drive it like its a top fuel dragster! I'm planning on doing this mod while I'm doing the SAS on it too. I have a couple questions about that. Will I need the CV joint on the front drive shaft coming out of the t-case? I'm assuming I will need it but just asking is there any good info on things I should watch out for? I know I need a driveline that is telescoping I got a dana 30 and 44 out of a jeep. This is my first SAS and I can't find much info on doing it. Let me know if I missed any good links!

Array
    Status
    Burbank, CA
    Vehicle

1983 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4D55-T
    Talk to spencer, he will tell you how tO do sas for under 20k lol!

Array
    Status
    Farmington, UT
    Vehicle

1983 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4D56-T
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewarme View Post
    Talk to spencer, he will tell you how tO do sas for under 20k lol!
    Hey it was 19.5K! If you have your heart set on doing a SAS I would recommend going with the KM148 automatic tranny because it will bolt up to most Jeep tcases which have fixed yokes. The manual trans option is a money pit and PITA.

Array
    Status
    Hillsboro, OR
    Vehicle

Engine

G54B
    Dont mind me asking what is the adavntage of the fixed yoke? Im most likely just going to do a square tubing driveline for the front cause I dont drive over 30 mph with the hubs locked or in four wheel drive much I just want to fit larger tires without a pos body lift and I cant stand watching Toyotas that are factory solid axle go up trails that I cant attempt cause of ground clearance and articulation. And I get swamped in mud holes which sucks but ive never gotten stuck in one. Always managed to get myself out of them! Thank you guys for the feed back, this is kinda the wrong section for this topic.