Array
    Status
    tulsa,ok
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G63

my project

hi guys, I was introduced to the mini rams when I lived around the corner from fool on the hill. I helped him with his yellow p/u and now that I am back in Okla I have bought my own to work on. I bought my mini about 6 months ago and have been delayed because of winter and formulating a plan on what to do with it. the orig 2.0 liter engine has rusted up because of the previous owner let someone work on it. This person made a couple of adapter blocks out of plastic to mount a ford single barrel carb on it. Which let coolant leak into the intake and rust the pistons in the cylinders. I was in my daily driver, 98 jeep grand Cherokee 4.0 2 w.d., and it dawned on me. Why not get a 4.0 liter and stuff it into the d50. It has fuel injection, overdrive, 4 wheel disc brakes, dependable as a timex watch and nobody has done that before that I have found. So my plan is hatched, a co-worker crashed his jeep 2 weeks ago and I bought it for $350.00 for a parts vehicle. the only thing smashed are front end parts that I cannot use on the d50 anyway. So the project starts here. How many parts can I use off of the jeep? How long will this take? stay tuned and find out.
    Attached Images