Thread: FRCEF3D Mits build thread 4G63t DOHC swap/vr4 big brakes/air bags

Array
    Status
    Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B-T
    HAHA! I was just about to say u gotta paint that valve cover white. Cuz the rest of that engine bay lookin so pretty.

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    Finishing up my engine/engine bay/wiring. Almost done just need to attach a few more things and I'll be done with the front. Planning on putting the transmission in, then put the radiator and stuff back in and hopefully trying to start it this weekend. We shall see.

truck.JPG

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Niceeeeee! I was wondering if you were still working on your truck. Looks like the valve covers need some TLC? Looking good lowered!

Gawd your garage looks like mine, Border line hoarder and border line...Save that I might need it, lol.

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    Thanks Brad, and yeah the valve cover will be getting replaced with another one once it gets some work done to it and I powdercoat it.

And yeah that's my dad's garage, it has tons of tools from when my GPA worked at the naval yard, and a bunch of other crap they like to hoard and not throw away. You should have seen it a year or two ago lol, before I cleaned it to be able to put my truck in there.

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    https://youtu.be/YxdE_5VxdWg
    Got it started after a stupid no spark issue because I blew my MPI relay fuse and didn't realize it. Beyond ecstatic, should have it driving by the end of the month.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by DroppedMitsu View Post
    https://youtu.be/YxdE_5VxdWg
    Got it started after a stupid no spark issue because I blew my MPI relay fuse and didn't realize it. Beyond ecstatic, should have it driving by the end of the month.
    Curse you Dropped! Now I wanna go twin cam

My rage post aside, nice work!

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    Thanks Geezer, the twin cam(+turbo) really make these motors much more fun.
    More progress yesterday although no pics; got tranny all mounted 100% and fixed my speed sensor, fixed my leaking heater core and thermostat housing and got them all bolted up, and mounted my rear shocks and driveshaft too. More work to come today when I get off work!

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    When we finishing the truck up? Seems it's been in the garage more then you have driven it. Got it all bagged I imagine, so it should be soon to see you in the driver seat?

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    It is driveable, but still a few kinks to work out and few things to finish up. I got the bed cut out yesterday for the notches and set back on the truck. I need to cut it for the rear diff and the top of the tubs for the tires so it will lay frame. Still have to finish the rear section of exhaust after the muffler but had to wait until I got the bed back on to do that.
    And I need to work on tuning the engine. I have DSMlink(tuning software) and I'm in the learning process of learning how to tune myself, plus fixing some boost links etc. I installed a bigger turbo, bigger injectors, fuel pump, etc so I need to get the tune down so it will run perfectly, although it runs decently right now.
    After I get the tune, exhaust and an alignment done it will be pretty much 100% road worthy. Oh and registration.

I'll snap some pics in a little bit with the bed and everything else a little more tidy'ed up.

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Cool, I like pics. Are you connected up to the computer and exhaust sensor while tuning. I am also doing some tweak tuning to the TBird, but with a carb I have to run an AEM mixture gauge with a wideband sensor. I have yet to connect a serial port cable to the gauge and bring a computer into garage, but that will be coming soon.
    Sounds like your progressing, it just has been a long time since I seen the truck with a snap shot of it sitting on the street. Document your work, I am interested with your project.

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    Yes Brad I am datalogging with my laptop(hooked to my ecu which is running an ECMLink chip) and a wideband o2 sensor(also running through my ECU/ECMLink in place of narrowband sensor). I need to fix all my boost leaks first before I can actually get to tuning it.

Ok so some pics and updates. Got the bed cut out as much as it needs to be to lay frame, its just rough cut, I still need to finish grind everywhere I cut.

Here's the flange coming off my turbo to connect to my intercooler piping, it was a little warped so it was giving me a pretty big boost leak.So a lot of sanding later(stainless steel) on a flat surface and I got it flat. Here's a pic where you can see the low spots on the left and right(guess not the upload killed the quality).
    20160327_113217[1].jpg
    Full lift in back, front could go up another inch or so. Donk
    20160327_171715[1].jpg
    And laying frame
    layedout.jpg
    Last edited by DroppedMitsu; 03-27-2016 at 06:08 PM.

Array
    Status
    So ILL
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    awesome build im hoping to have one of these in my stable soon!! i had one of these as my 1st truck my mom won it for my dad when they 1st got married(1 was 1 when she won it) the truck was put to the pasture around 320k only thing other than maintenance ever done was a clutch. now i want another!!!

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    Thanks man and yeah these are awesome trucks, this is my second.

Array
    Status
    Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B-T
    coming together nicely sir

Array
    Status
    hesperia
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    I am not that much into slamming trucks,but you sir have made me a believer. great job hour well spent going trough this thread. keep up the great work.

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    Feeler......... Anyone want it, 98% done

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    How much will you give me to take it off of your hands...LOL / JK
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    WA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    I'll give you $20. Lol. When are you going to focus on rwhp?

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Are you serious about selling your MM? What's the spiel on this course of action?

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    lol........ If anybody offers me enough I'd sell it, otherwise I'll finish it someday. Not really needing to sell, just my focus/priorities in life are changing. I know most people won't give me anywhere near what it'd take for me to let it go, just put this out there. I still love my mini truck its just I have no time for it anymore(working 2nd shift now 10am-8/9/10pm) and really I'm a LOT more into Euro/Performance/exotic etc. vehicles now. My twin turbo E92 BMW is a lot more fun to upgrade and drive hard/canyon run than my MM is, although the turbo and bags combo is awesome and a lot of fun also. It also wouldn't hurt to have a few extra bucks to invest into some things I'm looking into that I'd rather not use my savings on.

It only needs the bed/gas tank stuff to be hooked up completely, little interior work, and get the tune figured out. I have driven it around the block and such.

Array
    Status
    WA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    Trust me. You lose interest when you stop working on it. Stopped working on the truck and focused on my eagle talon. When I lost the talon bought an evolution 8. Worked on that for a while and only recently started working on the truck again. Look on some dsm sites and you might find something good in the classifieds for cheap. Lol.

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Wow, I never thought I see this, but I understand when priorities take you in a different direction. I use to be able to do so much stuff to a vehicle in a day, now it takes me 5 times as long and I just don't have the stick in me to go do it like I use to. I hope things work out for you.

So, the priority....what's her name? lol JK!

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    Haha no worries, truck isn't going anywhere unless someone offers me a decent chunk of change for it which most likely isn't going to happen. I won't just give it away after all the hard work I put into it(and $) and the MANY, MANY years I dreamt of having a bagged mini truck. As soon as it gets warmer and stops storming up here in Northern Cali I will start working on it again. It's damn near driveable/finished(for now), just need to finish a few things and fix the tune. The thing not wanting to run properly is what really has me unmotivated.

And no, no g/f yet and even if so, no way she would be able to make me get rid of my truck unless I wanted to. Like I said I have just been having fun throwing my money into my bmw and getting much more instant satisfaction/enjoyment from it. But I have definitely been thinking about my truck lately and have the itch to get it finished. Thanks for the motivation guys.

Array
    Status
    miami, fl
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    nothin like the freedom of taking a saw, drill, welder, and hacking away without hesitation, resulting in your own creation
    Potential already there, as 4g63 goes from mild to wild pretty easily. Amazing build here

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    still have the truck...... hasn't really been worked on in years but that is changing. I have been working on it lately since I have a dirt bike again and need a truck to get to the track. I have been trying to get the motor running well with the ECM link and stuff, its idling and running like shit right now. Also still need to cut a crossmember and plate it so the exhaust fits over it better and then finish the exhaust. Then fix/find out why my brakes suck, and finish the fuel filler for my bed to tank. The truck looks pretty much exactly like the last photos posted in here.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast