Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T

FRCEF3D Mits build thread 4G63t DOHC swap/vr4 big brakes/air bags

Thought I'd start a build thread since I'm going to be swapping in my 4g63t in a few weeks and I've already started pulling things apart. I'm going to be running a stock 6 bolt 4g63t from a '91 Mitsubishi Eclipse. I already had this engine in my previous truck so most of the major fab work has already been completed.

List of parts needed and/or mods to complete swap that I used to complete swap:
    *4g63t and all manifolds/sensors/etc.. from 90-92(preferably) Eclipse/Talon/Laser
    *Engine wiring harness, ECU, and MPI Relay from same vehicle
    *Shorten/Lengthen engine harness wires as necessary to reach their new position and power/ground the ecu/mpi relay
    *KM132 4 or 5 speed manual transmission from late 80's 2.0l Mighty Max/Ram50 with g63b engine
    *Motor mounts from 2.0 truck, but fab'd to move engine 1 7/8" forward so CAS and thermostat housing will clear firewall.
    *Lengthened driveshaft to go with motor mounts
    *Make throttle body flange and weld to front side of intake manifold
    *Waterpump from 87-89 g63b 2.0l modified to clear timing components
    *Waterpipe from 87-89 g63b modified to accept turbo and throttle body coolant lines
    *1.8L eclipse thermostat housing top(aims directly to side instead of angle towards firewall like 2.0dohc top)
    *Custom intake and intercooler piping.
    There is a few more I will add as I remember them.

Apart for new seals and gaskets

You need to grind down the ribs on the truck water pump so that the timing belt pulley will clear it

Will update this this week as parts come in
    Last edited by DroppedMitsu; 06-10-2011 at 06:23 PM.