Array
    Status
    blackwood, nj
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

Bagging

So I'm getting ready to order my stuff and start bagging my truck in a few weeks. I have a pretty good laid out plan but I still have some questions for the experienced people.

I plan on doing the big 3 upgrade and I already upgraded my alternator to 75 amp. But my question is will dual compressors draw too much. I'd like to run two viair 380's and a 8 gallon tank, I'm just not sure if I'm gonna need a extra battery.

Do I need to pie cut my uppers? I'm running drop spindles and 17" escalades.

What kind of bags do people recommend? The kit comes with dominators, I'm thinking 2500 up front and 2600 in the back.

I'd like to run shocks but I'm not sure if my toxics have enough stroke. Any reccomendations?

thanks for any help.

Array
    Status
    Durham, NC
    Vehicle

1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Ive got a 75 amp alt and im running 2 viar 380 and two five gallon tanks. I dont have any problems with it beeing too much amp draw unless I have the stereo balring, headlights on and the electric fan is on.

I believe you will need to pie cut the uppers dueto the ball joint binding. Its not that hard and you will alreadyhave it apart. It would add maby and hour or so to your build per side to do it so why not?

Im running firestones. But alot of people run the re6 and re7. And what I will be going to sooner or later...

Shocks you should be able to measure what stroke you need and buy the approprate length that you need.

Array
    Status
    blackwood, nj
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    That's what i hoping for with the dual compressors. I've been throwing around the idea of using the stock 14" wheels. I know i would definetly need to pie cut for that, especially with stock spindles. So like you said its just best to do it while its apart. Thanks for the input and i'll post some pictures when i get started.

Array
    Status
    Oakland, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    I thought about bagging mine with 15s and 2" drop spindles and assumed I wouldn't have to pie cut. You think you'd have to pie cut on 14s?

Array
    Status
    Durham, NC
    Vehicle

1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    I had 14's on my truck before I bagged it and it would bind/ not let it completley go up because of tha ball joint binding. To be honest for as easy as it is to do the pie cut, and since you are already cutting anyways, why not just go ahead and do it.

Come to think of it I dont think a 14 in rim will work with the drop spindles. Let someome else verify this as to I havent tried that setup but im pretty sure it wolnt work.

Array
    Status
    blackwood, nj
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    you need at least a 17" wheel with drop spindles. i was thinking about running stock spindles and 14"s just because i dont see that too often. but i could only lay out on a 25" tire until i z then it'll take me to a 23" tire. i personally want a little side wall so im gonna stick with the escalades and drop spindles.

Array
    Status
    Oakland, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Pennyman said drop spindles would work with my 15s, even 14s if you grind the LCA. Maybe he'll chime in.

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Pennyman lives in the forum, he has a little box he sleeps in and a 25 year old shopping cart he pushes around collecting cans.

14's and 15's in tires are getting to be a pain in the arsk to locate at our local tire outlets. I used the tire crawler dot com and had my BFG T/A's sent to my house when it came time to get new tires. Seems everything is going low profile these days. Less rubber used means less landfill or bald tires at the bottom of local lakes. lol

He shows up usually in the evenings almost like clockwork.

Array
    Status
    Oakland, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    I heard he's not a man, but artificial intelligence. Like HAL. But for trucks.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Just because I am on here a lot and know way too much about these trucks, doesn't mean I am a computer, but it does mean I have a sick long term relationship with Geronimo, and not the kind you are thinking of, so get your mind out of the gutter, or tailpipe. As for the answer to the drop spindle wheel size issue, where are 2 things you need to look at with the spindles, rim diamenter and offset. A 15 " rim can be used with a 3 1/2 to 4" offset from the back of the wheel (also known as backspacing) if you trim the lca for clearance. 16" should clear without trimming, unless you are running a deep offset / positive offset wheel. A positive offset wheel refers to the mounting surface of the wheel being forward of the centerline of the wheel, and should not be confused with backspacing. As an example, a +15mm offset means that the mounting surface of the wheel is 15mm forward of the centerline of the wheel, or about 5/8 to 3/4 of an inch.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Oakland, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    I realized Pennyman operated on another level of knowledge than the rest of when he recalled the name of a manufacturer of a 30 year old canopy for a 1st gen and city and state where the canopy was made based on a picture taken from 15' away. LOL

Thanks, Penny, you're definitely are The Man.

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Pennyman1 is the wikipedia of these trucks. Even wikipedia is a blank page in comparison to him. It's what 35 years of looking under the hood will do to you. As mechanic myself I have tried to not remember that much information. I have made it a point, not to remember things like part numbers. Just because I would rather use the limited space for other things.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    CR, IA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    So you mean to tell me that remembering the oil filter number for a 81 chevette ISNT vital information?! LOL

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Donaldson P524351 sorry some times it just flows out
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    CR, IA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Like I said vital information it is.