Array
    Status
    michigan city mi
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B

need engine info g45b

i have a 89 power ram 50 with 2.6 g45b motor 4wd... cant seem to find anything for g45b just g54b i am currently haveing problems with valve noise to the rear of the valve cover so i might be looking for a new head or valvetrain parts and need to know the interchangeablily to g54b... and i havent taken off valve cover yet but i think its a hydraulic with jet valve system???? id prefer mechanical so i can adjust the valves myself any ideas?

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    your truck has a g54b - there was never a g45b in any mitsu truck I have ever seen. The valve train noise is most likely the hydraulic lash adjustors - you could either replace them or try using one quart of Rislone in place of 1 qt of motor oil at the next oil change - it is a super detergent to clean out gunk and sludge slowly unlike 5 minute motor flush which is a quick clean out and not advisable on older high mileage vehicles. You could swap out the hydraulic rockers for mechanical ones if you can find them - they are getting scarce and are not cheap, and require different rocker shafts to work
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980