Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DGheaders Performance header: New design tri-y 2.0 2.4 2.6 g63b 4g64 g54b

Array
    Status
    Auburn,Ca
    Vehicle

1978 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Please Select Your Engine Type

DGheaders Performance header: New design tri-y 2.0 2.4 2.6 g63b 4g64 g54b

New Design Tri-y headers for your paired-port and spread-port exhaust pattern.
    Alright all you Ram guys out there...
    you asked for it so here it is.

The all new re-designed Tri-y header for your paired-port and spread-port Mitsubishi.
    The header will be offered in four basic versions as displayed below:
    Please let me know if you want oxygen sensor ports installed:

Stage 1: Mild steel with formed collectors for $500.00, plus s&h (as pictured in previous thread).

Stage 2:
    Racing Mild steel header with High Performance scavenging Merge collectors for $700.00, plus s&h (as pictured below).

Stage 3: Performance, stainless steel headers with formed colectors for $975.00 plus s&h.

Stage 4: Racing, stainless steel header with High Performance Scavenging Merge collectors for $1,275.00 plus s&h.
    Attachment 4224Attachment 4223Attachment 4222Attachment 4230Attachment 4229
    Attachment 4233Attachment 4227Attachment 4232Attachment 4231Attachment 4236

Attachment 4239Attachment 4238Attachment 4237Attachment 4235Attachment 4234
    Attachment 4228Attachment 4223Attachment 4222
    All items will be shipped out of http://www.dgheaders.com
    Auburn Ca 95603 (530)823-2633
    Thanks DG Headers
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Auburn,Ca
    Vehicle

1978 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Hi guys just checking in to see if there is any interest in the new products, we need somebody to
    step up and try the headers, we can't move forward without some feedback. The reason for pushing
    the headers is to see if we need to make any adjustments to the design. Let me know what you think
    of the Paired-port design with the Merges. I'm willing to work with you guys on the boards, don't worry
    I'm not going to stick you with the headers if they don't fit, I'm confident that they will work just fine we built
    them off the orignal Thorley header which fit great. Look forward to some feedback.

Thanks DG.

Array
    Status
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    As soon as I am able to piece the money together (which is going to be a while) I assure you a pair is going on mah truck

Array
    Status
    Auburn,Ca
    Vehicle

1978 Dodge D-50
    Engine

No problem, I understand that the introduction of the new headers did not start at the most ideal time of year.
    Let me know when your ready. Look forward to hearing from you, have a Happy Holiday. Thanks DG

Array
    Status
    Rockledge, PA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    I'm going to get one of the paired port also. Timing is terrible with Christmas. I'm hoping in a month. I am going to get one for sure

Array
    Status
    Auburn,Ca
    Vehicle

1978 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Sounds good let me know when your ready.

Array
    Status
    New Bern, NC
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Do you make those paired port headers for the 2.4? because that looks like a 2.0 head but I could be wrong.

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    The head you see in the pictures is a 2.6L head. It was used to make the header flange for the spread port heads. It was a junk head sent by one of the Donators to help complete the projects. The paired port head we rented from a junk yard for 25 bucks. It was a 2.4L paired port. The two headers that are made will fit all the D50 and Mighty Max trucks. There is only 2 types of exhaust manifolds. The O2 port on the paired port header was moved down to the lower merge. This was done to give the computer (or wide band gage depending on your application) the overall fuel air ratio for the hole engine and not just cylinders 1 & 2. But it can be placed where ever you would like it. Or other modifications may be made to fit your needs.

Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    Auburn,Ca
    Vehicle

1978 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Yes you are right Camoit, we just used the cylinder head for set up and display. The correct cylinder head was used in prepartion
    for the paired-port header. No worries the flanges fit the cylinder heads as they should for both applications and so do the header
    tubes themselves. There is only two manifold types for the 2 litre apps.

Array
    Status
    New Bern, NC
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    these are pretty good looking. It may be awhile before I look into a set. I'm curious if you've put a set on your own truck and have any numbers to show the difference. I know my manifold is cracked so one day I'll need a set of headers.

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    The spread port header was copied from the one I had on my 2.6L now owned by Mopar_JA It's nearly a direct copy of the Doug Throughly system. They just don't make them any more. When they were in production this was the way to go. They developed more torque and can handle the higher flow of high RPM engines. It made a huge difference on my 2.6L with the weber. But I never did put it on a Dino because you could feel the difference. Add in a reground cam and you will smoke the tires like no tomorrow.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Array
    Status
    North West Florida
    Vehicle

1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Very nice looking, hopefully a few people can get these so the price can go down, I hate it, but I would never spend even close to $500 for a header for this cheap of a vehicle. The gains are not worth the tag. But hopefully with demand price can go down. They are a lovely work of art, and glad there are some available for those with the funds!

Array
    Status
    Auburn,Ca
    Vehicle

1978 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Hopefully we get a big enough response that would warrant having the bends made up in a cnc bender.
    By doing this we can make the proper adjustments to the price tag, at this point in time it is not feasable
    to have a big run produced, therefore we will have to play it by ear. Thanks DG

Array
    Status
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle

1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G64B
    Good looking header DG, Cam! I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do. (I thought all was lost when D.T. stopped making them.) I'm glad to see you guys picked up the torch. *croc hunter's voice* Crikey! Is that a pun I see there lurking in the bush...?" lol

Array
    Status
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Question:

Will I need to open my exhaust ports to get full benefit, or no? Don't mind either way, just need to know.

I REALLY want stainless just for the case color. With my 38/38 Synchro, polished manifold and intake ports, ground cam, stiffer springs, OS stainless valves...can I forego the Stainless Merge and just go with Formed? That almost $1300 pricetag is killing me...

$975 hurts bad enough!

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    I think they are matched to the exhaust gasket holes. You don't need to open your ports unless you want to. You can always get the one he has and have it coated like I did to mine. But Stainless is nice looking.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Array
    Status
    Auburn,Ca
    Vehicle

1978 Dodge D-50
    Engine

You do not have to open the exhaust ports, the flange was designed for the factory head. The ports in the flange are a shade over 1.625, we did this for anti-reversion. You can open the exhaust ports up on the cylinder head, but it is strictly @ your discression. If so I would need to know because the flanges would have to be modified along with tube diameter. The header as it stands will work best if you leave the exhaust ports alone. If you make the exhaust ports to large, it will kill the exhaust speed and you will not get the benefits from the header as anticipated. To answer your other question Acuta73 for the amount of mods that you have, the Merge collectors will enhance all them.The merges will help in the fact that the exhaust will be scavenged more efficiently, this is crucial when making a camshaft, and intake change which you have. This in turn will make the whole package work in unison, always remember when you do mods on the one side you need to also look at the exhaust side. If the merges are out of budget the formed collectors will work just not as well. If you want every once of power the merges are highly recommended from a performance stand point. Thanks DG

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Those look nice and sure would like a pair, but I could not afford $500 for a 4 cylinder exhaust manifold. If your prices ever drop to my affordability, I would swoop a pair up instantly.

Array
    Status
    Garden Valley, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

6G72
    if you could make a sturdy turbo header for the 2.6 the starion guys would be all over this.

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Quote Originally Posted by BradMph View Post
    Those look nice and sure would like a pair, but I could not afford $500 for a 4 cylinder exhaust manifold. If your prices ever drop to my affordability, I would swoop a pair up instantly.
    It takes about 4 1/2 days to build just one with all the cutting, welding, CNC machining, and porting. If you want a top of the line custom built header, this is it. Any buddy that wants to produce more power or finish off there custom build then this is the only way to go.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Array
    Status
    Vacaville CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    OK what kind of mpg improvements will i see with the new exhaust header. I woud like to drive up and see the product if you dont mind, Next week I will be trying to head uo to camoits area 51. Right now I am deployed so when I get back Ill pm you.

Array
    Status
    Killingworth CT
    Vehicle

1993 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    How about paired port, top mount's for a DSM style turbo?

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    We only have the non turbo headers. Both paired port and spread port. As seen in post #8
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Array
    Status
    Killingworth CT
    Vehicle

1993 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    I know but could ya fab something up and if so how much for just a mild steel setup?

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    He can, but we need an engine, turbo, and a truck to work with.
    We have nothing to build around or where the parts would go.

This is what he had to go around with my build. So it can be done, but I spent nearly 3000 to get mine out the back. It was a tight squeeze. 1/8 inch in places. It went around the frame, steering column, shocks, and over the bell housing then next to the coolant lines. It can be done. but prototyping isn't cheep.

Attachment 4715 Attachment 4717 Attachment 4716
    Attached Images
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast