Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DGheaders Performance header: New design tri-y 2.0 2.4 2.6 g63b 4g64 g54b

Array
    Status
    New Bern, NC
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    I'm curious how much interest you've had in these since introduction. Also whoever has them what kind of gains have you seen? Has there been enough interest to drop the price any yet? lol I could use a new manifold for my 94 and I'd like to put headers on it but having to run a custom exhaust ontop of that I'm not sure if I want to commit to that much yet. Especially since I'll be getting rid of the truck when I get my diesel going. Also have you considered building one for the 4D55T? Since it's a turbo manifold would it even be worth building? It's pretty short as is.

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Quote Originally Posted by recian View Post
    I'm curious how much interest you've had in these since introduction. Also whoever has them what kind of gains have you seen? Has there been enough interest to drop the price any yet? lol I could use a new manifold for my 94 and I'd like to put headers on it but having to run a custom exhaust ontop of that I'm not sure if I want to commit to that much yet. Especially since I'll be getting rid of the truck when I get my diesel going. Also have you considered building one for the 4D55T? Since it's a turbo manifold would it even be worth building? It's pretty short as is.

We have had lots of guys asking about them, but no one has pulled the trigger. So the board has 1 spread port and 1 paired port. If you get one of these it would be the last header you will ever buy for the life of the truck. You can coat them, wrap them, or weld things to them if need be. Un-like a stock header.

As for gains, I don't think anybody but Finnie3D has access to a Dyno on a regular basis. I had a throughly on my truck for years. It mad a huge difference. I could tell there was more flow from the first day it was on. You don't need to replace the hole system if you don't want to. Just adapt it to the headers. The majority of back pressure in any exhaust is in the manifold. You need to keep the hot gas moving as fast as possible to the collector. Then you make the pipe larger.

As far as building different headers. The board needs to make back the money it has put forward in building the ones we have now, before we can work on the next set. The big problem is there are no header plates made by any commercial supplier.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    The only way I could see to lower a price for a header is to shorten them. This saves material & labor time and in any other areas that come up.
    I have a design that I would like to have made. I think the builder could knock these out faster, and much cheaper and it would serve the same purpose we all want, power and that nice sound of tuned exhaust.
    When can we get started?
    Attachment 4900

This is the Advance Header from Australia, I'm sure shipping would kill the cost advantage.
    Attachment 4901
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Quote Originally Posted by BradMph View Post
    When can we get started?
    Attachment 4900

The board can not do any thing until the ones we have are sold, and the board has it's money back. Prototyping takes money.
    Also on the one seen above it's for a front wheel drive car. Even if it was short like that you would still need to build the down pipe and connect it to the tail pipe. So any cost saving would go away.
    The only way the cost would come down is if people buy the ones we have, and then we go through the expense of having all the pipes reproduced in mass by a CNC bender. Or you get 5 orders to buy them all at once.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    That is the same header I sold blind eyed to have made for the paired port motor - when he went to have it made the price was about the same as the headers DG made. pacesetter still has the jigs to make a paired port header, but wants an order for 10 at $250 ea before they will make them.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Here is what Lsr Mike had to do to fix the Pacesetter hearer he had.
    Leeks, porting, milling, welding, then tossed it into the trash.
    If you want top of the line quality that will last you a life time then ours is the way to go. It's 100% new fabrication from the CNC header plates to the discharge. This is the only Try-Y you will find out there that is Ported,Tig welded, and Milled flat to ensure a good seal.

We would never send somthing like this out as a finished product. Credit given to LsrMike for the pictures.

Attachment 4907Attachment 4908Attachment 4909
    Attachment 4910 Attachment 4911 Attachment 4912
    Attached Images
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Array
    Status
    Columbus, OH
    Vehicle

1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Other
    Actually I didn't trash it, after I had it re-welded to fix the leaks and ported it, I used it till I went the Turbo Route in 2008. I sold it to TintedDodgeRam for $90 in May of 2009.

In the Pix of the engine you can see the Manual Adjust rockers, What is wrong with #1? (click to Enlarge)

Edit: removed e-mail address for privacy.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Lose something there LSR Mike... lol - which engine was that?
    Pennyman1

Array
    Status
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    It's on there, only backward...looks exactly like something I would do. Then cuss for a while while I pulled it all apart again to fix it...

Array
    Status
    Hilo hawaii
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Please Select Your Engine Type
    These will work for my 89 ram50 2.0?

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram50808 View Post
    These will work for my 89 ram50 2.0?
    The headers the board has will work on any gasoline spread port or even port engine we have in these trucks Mitsu or Ram. 2.0L 2.6L 2.4L etc. We have them for the 2 different types of head exhaust ports they used through the years. Just keep in mind there not a bolt up replacement. You will need to make some exhaust pipe changes after the header. Any exhaust shop can make the changes to your pipe. It's recommended but not necessary to replace the hole system. Dump the cat and other restrictions, and put in a nice Flow Master. Unless you must SMOG. Then you need to check with your state laws.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Array
    Status
    Hilo hawaii
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Please Select Your Engine Type
    PERFECT I was planning on replacing my complete exhaust system anyway! Do they come in any type of coating or just bare steel?

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    The best thing to do is find a local coater guy to do the work after you fit the new to the old. Each shop is different on how they want to connect the pipe to the header. Some guys like the band some don't. Rockauto.com should have the gasket you need for the exhaust. There is also a band clamp you can use to seal it. Then all the muffler guy would do is slip the new pipe into the header. It's a slip fit.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Or use permatex ultra copper gasket maker - Geronimo's header was put on 25 years ago with it and the stuff has survived with no problems, even when I leaned him out accidentally and turned the header cherry red.
    Pennyman1

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    PowerRam348.

Your header is ready to ship out.
    If any body wants a spread port header we will need to have it built for you. The only header we have in stock is a paired port.

Attachment 5366 Attachment 5365
    Attached Images
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Array
    Status
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    here it is

2013-05-10 16.49.44.jpg2013-05-10 16.57.25.jpg2013-05-10 16.57.33.jpg
    Attached Images
    Last edited by PowerRam348; 02-27-2014 at 07:41 PM.

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Here is what the 2.0 looks like with one of the MightyRam's header.

Attachment 5554
    Attached Images
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    There is a couple of muffler shops that do excellent work here in town. I took my toyota to them and asked to have the exhaust muffler just tucked up under car more and fix a small leak. They told me that they will fix the leak because it's a safety issue, but would not do anything else to the pipe. The guy said that since there is no catalyst on the vehicle which had one, he was unable to do any work. According to federal government law stipulations he said he couldn't touch anything else.
    Have anyone else heard about this or had a problem with a vehicle with a cat removed and needing exhaust work?

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    He just did not want to work on your truck.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Array
    Status
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    i agree with camoit, that guy just didn't want to do it. my exhaust guy will work on anything you bring to him. he's built several full custom exhaust systems for me and i always have my mufflers built not bought. by the way, thank you camoit, the header got here this afternoon. i can't wait to put it on this weekend.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    I had the same issue here in the 'burgh - my custom muffler shop will do anything I want, but it must have a cat if it had one originally -it is a federal law. For Geronimo, it actually made him run better by giving just enough restriction at low rpms to keep the torque up - too good an exhaust will kill the low end on these trucks.
    Pennyman1

Array
    Status
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    There is a couple of muffler shops that do excellent work here in town. I took my toyota to them and asked to have the exhaust muffler just tucked up under car more and fix a small leak. They told me that they will fix the leak because it's a safety issue, but would not do anything else to the pipe. The guy said that since there is no catalyst on the vehicle which had one, he was unable to do any work. According to federal government law stipulations he said he couldn't touch anything else.
    Have anyone else heard about this or had a problem with a vehicle with a cat removed and needing exhaust work?

what you need to do is search around for small time or mom and pop exhaust shops. those will be the ones that won't care about the catalytic converter or will only require that you pay cash for the work.

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    This fix wasn't on my truck, it was my Toyota MR2. I told the guy I wouldn't say anything about the fix, he still stood his ground and said he couldn't touch a vehicle with the cat removed. I'm sure the other shop here would do it. These guys I brought it to are on the main blvd in town and have been around for decades. They have a car out front as an advertisement and it looks like a big muffler, lol.
    I need to just buy myself a welder and do the stuff myself.

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    sorry double posted my message by mistake. I cleaned it so not to read it twice

Array
    Status
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

G64B
    The only way I could see to lower a price for a header is to shorten them. This saves material & labor time and in any other areas that come up.
    I have a design that I would like to have made. I think the builder could knock these out faster, and much cheaper and it would serve the same purpose we all want, power and that nice sound of tuned exhaust.
    When can we get started?
    Attachment 4900

This is the Advance Header from Australia, I'm sure shipping would kill the cost advantage.
    Attachment 4901
    spread port headers in this style would be perfect right about now. my exhaust manifold just cracked and I am currently looking to replace it

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast