Array
    Status
    Abingdon, VA
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

My 1991 Mighty Max

I posted pictures of this truck when I first got it but the camera I used was crappy so the pictures came out bad. It was a nice day out today and I have a better camera now so I decided to take a few new pictures of it. I just recently got it running again so I need to get it tagged so I can start driving it again. I still need to get it cleaned up and waxed to look its best. I also need to do some cleaning under the hood. The rust in the tailgate is pretty much the only rust in the whole truck. The frame is pretty clean to.

I also noticed that it had adjustable air shocks on the rear. It has a valve on the rear bumper beside where the tag goes with a line running to each shock.

Array
    Status
    Abingdon, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    One more.... I accidently posted the same pic of the engine twice instead of this one LOL

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    This is a sweet little truck you got, VAProbe. It looks in very good shape for a project truck, and the paint certainly looks worth saving.

It is amazing that I can look at the engine and know what I'm looking at: I couldn't make that claim a mere 2 months ago. It's missing the heat sheild on the exhaust and the air filter canister. Don't know if the missing canister will affect Virginia inspection, but I'd say this truck won't take much to be happy. You have some really good stock to work with there.

Would love to see some pictures of the interior. I can't help you with any parts, but as one who has a 4G64 I can certainly exchange notes with you. NAPA and RockAuto.com will be good friends for you to know: Advance is only going to have basics, and often takes longer to get them to you. NAPA's warehouse is in Richmond and almost always delivers overnight.

I agonised over the ignition wires placement: some go over the radiator hose, yours' goes under. Not sure how they came from the factory. Under is probably better, since the wires are subjected to less heat.

I can't help but wonder if the air shocks were to support a little camper on the back. It doesn't show a trailer hitch, though if you look, it may have been removed. This little guy is going to look so cool with the bed cover restored!

I hope good things for you and your Max. Please DO keep us updated on your improvements.

http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...ll=1#post26573
    Last edited by royster; 02-02-2014 at 03:20 AM.
    The greatest gift you have to give to the world is that of your own self~transformation.

Array
    Status
    Abingdon, VA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Thanks It seams to be a pretty solid little truck so far. I have the heat shield for the exhaust. It was a little rust and beat up looking so I removed it to clean it up and am just waiting on a semi nice day to repaint it so I can put it back on.

I have plans to have a local upholstery shop make a new bed cover for me when I can afford it, Hopefully wont be too long. I will get some pics of the interior soon. We have rain in the forecast for about the next week though The interior is in decent shape for its age. It has one rip in the drivers seat and one crack in the dash but other than that it still looks pretty good.