Status
    Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B-T
    http://www.hotrodcoffeeshop.com/foru...&t=3&start=255

sorry Im bad at posting links....this is from hotrodcoffeeshop.com

They have quite a few max/ram over there .....especially with eclipse turbo swap info

4g63mightymax put viper brakes on his truck. Used the brake calipers and master cylinder but he didnt use the rotors. Went even bigger with cadillac cts rotors then needed 18 inch wheels for clearance. Its a lot of reading.

Array
    Status
    Orlando, FL
    Vehicle

Engine

G64B
    I will look into the isuzu rotors this weekend,I am also working on a rear disc brakes,I haven't been on that site in a while

Array
    Status
    WA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    Seen his post and build thread. Said would not duplicate his work. Not worth it.
    Last edited by 4doorciv; 08-30-2012 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Damn autocorrect

Array
    Status
    Orlando, FL
    Vehicle

Engine

G64B
    whats not worth it?

Array
    Status
    Orlando, FL
    Vehicle

Engine

G64B
    I tried the isuzu rotors today the offset is real close to stock rotor,the bolt pattern on the rotor are different where the hub bolts up

The stock 2wd rotor on the left,97 Isuzu rodeo rotor in the Middle, and montero rotor on the right, the isuzu rotor is the same diameter as the montero but the isuzu rotor is a lot thicker,but the montero has bigger vanes for cooling,I have a couple more rotors to try this week to see what fits.

Array
    Status
    Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle

Engine

G54B-T
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahtid View Post
    whats not worth it?
    If I remember correctly, the guy who did the viper brake swap said it wasnt worth his time to make a kit for other people.

Array
    Status
    Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle

Engine

G54B-T
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahtid View Post
    I will look into the isuzu rotors this weekend,I am also working on a rear disc brakes,I haven't been on that site in a while
    Im interested in rear disc brakes..... the rear drums arent that small.....just thought it would be cool. Came across a 1990 isuzu rodeo 4x4 v6 in the junkyard today . I thought I would share that the e-brake is built into the caliper which would be good for our trucks. I took the rotor off to test fit on a mighty max. The bolt pattern is the same and the rotor will slide right on backwards. The center hole of the rotor is the same size as the center hole of the drum But if you flip it around like its supposed to be installed it wouldnt fit the axle because the inside diameter of the rotor would not slide over the axle flange of the mighty max.
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    WA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    I ran out of brake pad life waiting for bigger rotors. Lol. Bought new oem sized pads for now. Anyone look into Toyota rotors? I remember the front 5 bolt swap was Toyota hubs. Maybe 5 bolt got more options?

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    Foolonthehill i think posted a thread with a source for oversize brake kit for the people running the toyota 5-lug swap. It was about $700the and came with wilwood calipers.

I am going to be making a big brake kit for my truck(toyo 5 lug swapped) in about a month or so that shouldnt cost much. I already have it planned out.

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    1997 Isuzu Rodeo. Dana 44 They even had the "Iron Man" series, but good luck finding one. It was a Dana 60. You will never find one. I tried and failed.
    Disk with durum parking brakes. The Emergency brake cables are nearly impossible to find after market. Or you can get them through the dealer for $150 each. Just get a complete rear end and swap it over into your truck. There nearly the same width. 2 inch wider. You will never see it. Hole rear end is about 350.00. Then you can put in lockers, LSD, ARB, parts are made for this thing and easy to find. You can even get new ring and pinions of what ever size you want, along with new larger axles. Just cut off and replace the spring perches to fit your spring width. You can get new anti wrap perches below. Just measure your spring width and order for a 3" housing. Then all that you need to do is adapt the drive shaft to fit. They may need to cut off a little, but it's worth it. The parking brake cables are the hard part. Nothing fits. You will need to come up with a way to make it work on your truck. I'm sure you can do it. I did, it's listed in my build thread on how I did it.

http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/...hantiwrap.html

DSCN4726.JPG DSCN4727.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by DroppedMitsu View Post
    Foolonthehill i think posted a thread with a source for oversize brake kit for the people running the toyota 5-lug swap. It was about $700the and came with wilwood calipers.

I am going to be making a big brake kit for my truck(toyo 5 lug swapped) in about a month or so that shouldnt cost much. I already have it planned out.

Cool,, pictures, part numbers, and full descriptions please. when you are ready let me know and I can come down and help, if you would like.
    Last edited by camoit; 09-21-2012 at 08:23 PM.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    WA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    Might have to do the 5 lug swap now.

Array
    Status
    WA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    You gonna come down and help me out? It's been years since I touched adjustible front bearings.

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Quote Originally Posted by 4doorciv View Post
    You gonna come down and help me out? It's been years since I touched adjustible front bearings.
    The wife is over there at your place right now. I can give you her hotel and you can go over and ask her to help. But she will probably tell you to call me...
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    Wauchope, New South Wales, Australia
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Triton
    Engine

G54B
    I know this is an old thread but I would like to know if people have had any success with finding some rotors to fit the Montero calipers? Obviously there are lots of ways to skin a cat....here is an expensive way but a very nice one...http://www.cardomain.com/ridepost/29...ubishi-triton/ Check out the pictures of his nice Wilwood set up....

Cheers

John

Array
    Status
    Morgan City, La
    Vehicle

1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G64B
    Quote Originally Posted by camoit View Post
    1997 Isuzu Rodeo. Dana 44 - I'm sure you can do it. I did, it's listed in my build thread on how I did it.
    You got a link to your build thread.. I just made this connection with the Dana 44 a week or so back as I am looking to get some taller gears and disc brakes for the Max.. I would love to look over what you done before I start mine..

Thanks
    Sam

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12