Array
    Status
    Detroit, Michigan
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B

HELP! high idle dieseling and all the idiot lights are on

Ok so this past weekend I thought id finally have time to tune my carb (stock 2bbl 2.0L not running all that great) and as I was searching on here for advice I noticed a form on how my thermostat might be stuck open and so I went out and got a new one and now my heat works great, the temperature gauge is now working correctly, and the truck doesn't want to stall out at idle anymore, but after I changed the stat I tried to adjust the carb and it almost stalls every 3rd rotation, and it diesels after I turn it off. I pulled out the timing light and it said it was idling around 2200 rpms (on the timing light... truck has no tach) so I unscrewed the idle speed screw almost all the way out and it dropped to now 1600rpm and on here it says it should be 13 degrees BTDC but I set my light at 13 and it was on 10 degrees BTDC and I cant turn the distributor any farther. also my "maintenance required" light is now on along with my "Brake" light and "battery" light. my oil light how ever doesn't stay on. and I've got now electrical power pretty sure the alternator is shot and for some reason I have oil coming out of the oil fill cap all of this happened after I changed the stat and barely adjusted the carb. Can some one HELP ME!?!? -Thanks

main problems/worries...
    Spark timing
    Idiot lights
    High Idle
    Oil out the filler cap
    Is it an alternator
    Dieseling
    Misfire every 3rd rotation

Array
    Status
    Detroit, Michigan
    Vehicle