I'm going to use the door panels from my parts truck to make templates for new door panels. I have some ideas for fabrics and color that will spice up the pretty-boring original design.

I'd be happy to copy the template to craft paper and send it to anyone interested in fabricating new door panels. I'll send them for free, maybe you can make a $5 donation to the site so we can get a new coffee maker in the Customer Lounge. The template will involve taking off the naugahyde to trace holes for mounting pins, arm rest and window crank...essentially destroying the originals (which aren't worth saving). Mailing two pieces of craft paper wouldn't be expensive, and you can choose your own base material to build from. (I'm going to try Luann plywood, first).

I'll also look into what it would take to ship pre-cut panels. I'll post about that when the time comes: I'm a long ways away from any of this, at the moment.

If you're interested, just post here and I'll have a list, plus we can discuss ideas. Some of the Mighty Max nicer panels are very good looking. (My original panels were Baby-Poop Brown when I got the truck).

scan0007.jpg