Array
    Status
    Newton Grove, NC
    Vehicle

1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

electric fan mod

A little mod I've been thinking of doing far awhile. Found a street sign in the old junk pile perfect for a fan shroud. I bought a super 15" fan on ebay its well built and efficient. Its going to be thermo-switch activated the relay kit is still in the mail. This is what I got done so far.

140105_005.jpg 140105_003.jpg

Array
    Status
    Oakland, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Nice! Should help cool these little furnaces down.

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Got one suggestion, Your blocking a lot of radiator and pushing it through that fan size hole. A shroud is more of a compressing of the air as it enters the open end of a radiator and then gets directed or semi-funneled down into engine bay.
    You may get some over heating in your radiator corners since they are blocked from air flowing freely. You could probably remove that plate or cut it to make a round shape to tunnel it onto engine.

Array
    Status
    Newton Grove, NC
    Vehicle

1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Quote Originally Posted by BradMph View Post
    Got one suggestion, Your blocking a lot of radiator and pushing it through that fan size hole. A shroud is more of a compressing of the air as it enters the open end of a radiator and then gets directed or semi-funneled down into engine bay.
    You may get some over heating in your radiator corners since they are blocked from air flowing freely. You could probably remove that plate or cut it to make a round shape to tunnel it onto engine.
    I'm mounting the relay on the shroud first before I cut holes kit hasn't arrived yet, Neither has my hole saw blades arrived. Yes thank you, I had the venting holes in mind. There is an 1" gap between the shroud and radiator BTW.

Array
    Status
    Jesup, GA
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    I have done this exact mod to two of my mm trucks as well as a 5.0 foxbody. No issues with overheating at all and love the increase (tho slightly) in power and milage. Upgrade alternator as soon as possible to compensate for the extra load especially if you upgrade stereo or other electrical devices.