Array
    Status
    NJ
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Please Select Your Engine Type

Disc brake rear for a V6 Mighty Max

From my understanding and research, I believe my 5sp V6 4WD Mighty Maxs have 3.90 gears in them, use the larger 9 inch housing rather than the 8.5, and they are equipped with drum brakes on the rear axle. I would like to run disc brakes on every wheel when I put the project truck back together. I am already bending and flaring new solid stainless steel brake lines for the frame, and adjustable proportioning valves are available if needed, and as much as I feel I could make an adapter kit for the axle to be able to just bolt on new calipers, I would like to find something that I could just bolt in easily. I know none of the Mig. Maxs ever came with disc rears, but did a similar truck such as a Motero or Raider ever come with one using the 9" housing ?
    Years ago I helped my friend install a rear disc conversion on his Tahoe, and I know it can be done rather easily with the right pieces, but I would like to be lazy and just bolt in what I want. Is anything like this available from any other straight axle model that anybody knows of. I have looked but I'm relatively confused (rather easily, sadly) so help from anyone knowledgable would be helpful. Thank you.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    The 2nd gen monteros have 9" rears and disc brakes - I got one from a 95 sitting for when I get around to bagging and swapping motors. My rear has 4.625 gears and I really want 3.90 0r higher(lower numerically) for my 2wd 1980 D-50; 3.55 or 3.31 would be great, as the motor is a built Conquest 2.6 and I want to keep it in the power band at highway speeds. if you find a 95 and up montero, the parts should just unbolt from the axle tubes when pulling the axles. The backing plates hold the axle shafts and bearings in.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980