From my understanding and research, I believe my 5sp V6 4WD Mighty Maxs have 3.90 gears in them, use the larger 9 inch housing rather than the 8.5, and they are equipped with drum brakes on the rear axle. I would like to run disc brakes on every wheel when I put the project truck back together. I am already bending and flaring new solid stainless steel brake lines for the frame, and adjustable proportioning valves are available if needed, and as much as I feel I could make an adapter kit for the axle to be able to just bolt on new calipers, I would like to find something that I could just bolt in easily. I know none of the Mig. Maxs ever came with disc rears, but did a similar truck such as a Motero or Raider ever come with one using the 9" housing ?
Years ago I helped my friend install a rear disc conversion on his Tahoe, and I know it can be done rather easily with the right pieces, but I would like to be lazy and just bolt in what I want. Is anything like this available from any other straight axle model that anybody knows of. I have looked but I'm relatively confused (rather easily, sadly) so help from anyone knowledgable would be helpful. Thank you.