Thread: Need weber Info

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Too many people have tried the reg on the stock pump and blew the pump - me included, but that was 30 years ago on Geronimo. Just remember that flowrate is more important than pressure and you will be fine. With the pump mounted back at the tank you shouldn't need a reg, but that is up to you.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Wake Forest, NC
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B
    I have just about finished my install of a Weber DGEV and Carter P4070 to replace the stock mechanical pump.The regular users here know I picked their brains as to how to do it properly. I was going to have a former co-worker tech do it in the new shop at his home but I just wanted to get it done-got tired of waiting for him so I did it myself. Kind of a pain to do it w/o a lift (you are working in the blind 80% of the time to be honest without a lift) but it's certainly doable w/o the help of a lift. The only thing I have left to do is source a #65 secondary idle jet ("discovered" a shop that does service and restorations on British classics and they had one (#65 jet) laying around) and then do the carb adjustments and oil pressure cut off switch and it will be done. Look for a thread in a couple of days with pics and do's and dont's. My learning curve on how to do it goes back to July '13 ('07 actually) but for real my experience doing it can function as a tutorial on how to do it right. The guys here helped me greatly with suggestions on how to do it for Ol' Reliable. It's 95% done and it's done right. Stay tuned.

P.S. The dude that said the Carter pump is NOISY is correct. They sure are but they are as durable as an anvil from what I have read in the reviews from people that are running them.

If you want to know what I went through initially-go to the Facet fuel pump thread.

Array
    Status
    siouxcity iowa
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

Please Select Your Engine Type
    thanks pennyman. I know this subject has been done to death, but I just want to be able to do it right the first time and be happy with it. So do I have to rejet? and I suppose everyonr is using the carter pump,and no regulator when I mount it by the tank? I see summit has a 4PSI pump they sell. Thanks again evryone!! I'll let evryone know how things turn out.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    For best performance you will have to rejet to match your trucks configuration.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    las vegas,NV
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G64B
    can someone post pictures of their weber... i cant figure out where all the hoses go...

Array
    Status
    Pukwana, SD
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

6G72
    I talked to Carbs Unlimited the other day and asked about if a electric pump was needed and he said no? Also what's the difference between he K610 and the K614, they list the K610 as better performance but jet size looks to be the same?

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Quote Originally Posted by guamboyeli View Post
    can someone post pictures of their weber... i cant figure out where all the hoses go...
    see link. http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...Simplification
    What I do is use Google and just put in mightyram50 and then clicked the pictures link. From there it's a simple look through all the pages of pictures on the site.
    There is only 2 hoses that go to the carb. one for the distributer, one to the air cleaner to the valve cover.
    The PCV and brake booster go to the manifold. .
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12