Thread: Roy's Garage: '90 2.4-4G64 5-spd D-50

Array
    Status
    blackwood, nj
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Hey I can see your truck! Thats awesome seeing people help each other.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Ah, now you got it Roy. Going digital is a piece of cake and the images are near fool proof. And your D-50 never looked better

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    Thanks, people. It was stunningly simple, but it took ragragtimetime's help for me to "get it". It's amazing how grainy the old photos are compared to the digital clarity.

Now to get some candid shots of BradMPH visiting the Hamburger Heinie Hotel with his tryst. Camoit's drone helicopter camera shows him driving there!
    The greatest gift you have to give to the world is that of your own self~transformation.

Array
    Status
    Olympia/wa
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    Awesome!!!! and no more driving to the store and waiting for prints delay and then scanning lol and the resolution looks awesome! But fyi if you still want some old school print photos you can go to walgreens.com i think and upload your digital photos and they will have them printed for you by the time you get to the store unless you live super close to one

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    I'm making no excuses for the filth and clutter: this is everything in service. Photos can speak for themselves.
    DSC00056.jpg DSC00057.jpg DSC00058.jpg

DSC00059.jpg

I had many seats to choose from, the day I went through the junk yard. I'm very, very happy with my choice.
    DSC00060.jpg
    The greatest gift you have to give to the world is that of your own self~transformation.

Array
    Status
    Olympia/wa
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    Right on! I can dig it! Looks pretty functional which i applaud big time!

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Looks like Royster is getting ready to move into his truck with his kitty cats. lol Looks nice Roy, especially the native American blanket. Oh by the way, if you get stopped and they ask you if you have a weapon in the car, that little tool in there will be considered one and they will harass you about not telling them, then the car search becomes the next mission they perform. Bastards

But on another note, isn't it nice having a place to lean while driving....I luv my console for that, but spilling drinks is another story.

Array
    Status
    Olympia/wa
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    Now Now brad just because you live in spokompton and have shitty ass cops that will harass anything they get near doesnt mean the rest of us have that problem

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    Finally a good shot of the rear bumper. I took great pains to match the indentation of the rear gravel pan.

scan0003.jpg

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    Not much to report, in respects to modifications or maintenance: the truck has been in service reliably for quite some time. It is earning its keep as a work horse. I wish I could report that some body work and painting were going on, but Autumn has demanded my focus in other areas...including professional work, which the truck has proven itself excellent for (as long as I'm not building a deck). I've had it a year, now, and I love it more every day. It's in a state of function/looks that are fine, for now, but I sure dream of the day it's all the original color. I was hoping to get to some cosmetic stuff before winter sets in, but that doesn't seem to be in the cards. Preparing for winter comes first.

Thanks to the forum, recent exchanges have put some things on the list: new carpet, for one. (Thanks, MIHIFISI and contributors to that thread). Frame-rust removal...which is where I left off...is on the list. Possibly replacing the head gasket, again, due to questionable leakage...not sure about that. I have the replacement front bumper (almost in perfect condition) to paint, yet. Painting the dashboard is a desire, and thanks to those who participated in information about painting plastic.

There are some really terrific contributors on this forum. I'm certainly grateful they're here and share so freely.

And thanks, camoit, for behind-the-scenes keeping the forum running smooth, which includes the absence of Trolls and spammers, but also keeping the Administration board upgraded.

Bad Company: Silver, Blue and Gold
    scan0001.jpg

A very special 'thank you' to ragragtimetime for the digital camera: yet another life~altering transformation.
    Last edited by royster; 10-12-2014 at 03:02 AM.

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    Quote Originally Posted by BradMph View Post
    ... if you get stopped and they ask you if you have a weapon in the car, that little tool in there will be considered one and they will harass you about not telling them, then the car search becomes the next mission they perform. Bastards
    Here's an example of the fascist propaganda we have to look at every time we pump gas.
    DSC00164.jpg

This "program" has been in operation for at least 15 years. It's intimidation, pure and simple. Over the years, people have drawn Hitler mustaches on the trooper's face, or schwastikas on his hat.

What a society when you have to cow people with such tactics.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    ^ wherever you go, you hear tales of cops "just doing their jobs". Now all they have to do is get us to believe it more than they do without making it sound like a cliche...

Array
    Status
    Eastman, GA
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by royster View Post
    Finally a good shot of the rear bumper. I took great pains to match the indentation of the rear gravel pan.

scan0003.jpg

Hey I'm guessing you have a Mark Twain addiction, with that custom Plate you have there. LOL

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    Actually, it refers to the song by Rush.

But Mark Twain is certainly a part of my life. Did you know he was a good friend of Nicola Tesla?

@geezer: nod.

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    Hello all. I decided to stop in and say 'hello'. I made good on my threat to go offline, and am using a friend's computer to say hello.

Truck is running great, life is good.

Livin' the Interstates Anonymous life, which includes the absence of Internet. I don't miss it much at all.

Blessings~

Roy

Array
    Status
    Olympia/wa
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    good to know your doin good roy! take care of yourself and ill catch ya on the flipside!

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    Thanks, RNMM. I check in from time to time by remote. I DO miss some of the people here...others, not so much. Such is life.

Put 250 miles on the odometer yesterday, truck ran great and gave good mileage. I finally DID clear coat the hubs caps, will see how that lasts, but they had gotten really rusty, so I re-buffed them and clear coated them.

Many good wishes for all, 2015 promises some good opportunity...if we're willing to work towards them.

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    Just turned 226,000 and running great!

Living life well, hope each of you are doing good.

Cheers~

Roy6

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    Caution: not for the faint of heart!!

Dismantling of the parts truck started today. The photos tell the story.

001.jpg 002.jpg 003.jpg

004.jpg 005.jpg 006.jpg

Array
    Status
    Oakland, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Are you selling off the metal for scrap? How many saw blades did that take?

Array
    Status
    Olympia/wa
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    ROY I NEED A MEASUREMENT!!!!! I explained it in my thread for JJ, i need to know the crankshaft centerline in relation to the frame so i can position my new one correctly

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    Quote Originally Posted by noahwins View Post
    Are you selling off the metal for scrap? How many saw blades did that take?
    I'm pleased to report that it took merely 5 blades and about 7 battery recharges for the DeWalt 18 volt saw.

Scrap was a bit disappointing: $44...however, I kept the doors, fenders and tailgate, as well as the transmission and differential. There isn't much metal to these little trucks, though the front end frame is plenty beefy. So...am assumption is that scrap (here in Virginia) is going for roughly $100 a ton. I weighed out at a total of 900 pounds (I think).

RNMM - I forgot about the measurement you need ( and am a bit surprised no one here has given it to you, in all this time). The truck is gone, now, so I can't help you on that...other than to measure from my '90. That's a bit of a task, as the computer I use to go on line is 9 miles from my house. But, I'll see what I can do.

BTW, Noah, do you still want the steering wheel? It no great prize (sun faded) but it IS intact. Let me know, and I'll get it out to you.

Array
    Status
    Oakland, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by royster View Post
    I'm pleased to report that it took merely 5 blades and about 7 battery recharges for the DeWalt 18 volt saw.
    Hey that $44 probably recouped your cost in blades and electrons!

Sure, I'll take the wheel. I can re-dye it. PM me with how you want to do it.

Array
    Status
    Olympia/wa
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    nahhh its all good thanks though you dont have to, anyways a dismantled truck would make it much easier.

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    PM'd ya, Noah, and thanks, RNMM, for letting me off the hook.

Final photos of the parts truck:

001.jpg 002.jpg 003.jpg

004.jpg

Pony as he looks this morning:
    005.jpg

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast